A Message From Brooks

TonySoprano

6 minutes ago, weams said:

John was great. Great. 

He worked at the Inner Harbor at that time. Used to come to the Black Pearl sometimes. Awesome guy. I remember how hard it was for him to sign the credit card slip because of the beating his hands took. A very classy man.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Some people here may know of my friendship with Brooks that is now in its 48th year. I am going to be with Brooks and Connie soon at the Hall of Fame. I knew of this gesture by the Angelos family to somehow have Brooks represent the franchise and I think it is a grand idea. Brooks is 81 now, and while he is feeling great..81 and the health issues he's had..take its toll.Brooks should never have been away from this franchise. He should speak to the players about athletic integrity, playing the game the right way..and even offer some tips to young players. But Brooks is not merely the face of the Orioles history. He is embodiment of decency, a generosity of spirit, kindness to the fans, and excellence. He is our "Stan Musial". And its interesting to note, that Brooks' childhood hero was Stan Musial. Cherish and honor him while he is here folks. There will never be another Brooks.

I proudly have an autographed copy of Third Base Is My Home displayed in the man cave.  Awesome player, even better human being.

Archived