Machado to the Dodgers, 5-1 deal

TonySoprano

2 minutes ago, weams said:

Well lets get him to Camden Yards. I'd really like to see them go with the best defensive team possible to finish the season. Can we please stop playing Nunez at 3B, no amount of work with Dickerson is going to make him a passable defender, Pedro Alvarez was better.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Wouldnt be the first Latin to have documented age differences in what they said they was, and what they really was.

So we should never sign or trade for a Latin player because we are afraid the documentation might possibly be fraudulent?  I could see the concern if there was some good reason to believe the player had falsified his identity, but with no such strong suspicion, what are we talking about here?

Just now, Number5 said:

So we should never sign or trade for a Latin player because we are afraid the documentation might possibly be fraudulent?  I could see the concern if there was some good reason to believe the player had falsified his identity, but with no such strong suspicion, what are we talking about here?

I didnt mean that we shouldn't.

Not sure, how they can truly validate this, which isn't a big deal, until the player hit 30 sooner, or 32 sooner, and skillset heads south.

7 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Well lets get him to Camden Yards. I'd really like to see them go with the best defensive team possible to finish the season. Can we please stop playing Nunez at 3B, no amount of work with Dickerson is going to make him a passable defender, Pedro Alvarez was better.

No, Pedro was not better!

11 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

With the way the rest of the diamond positions are being filled, you want to complain about only 3B?

Give the man some time, not like this is a team in playoff contention.

6 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I didnt mean that we shouldn't.

Not sure, how they can truly validate this, which isn't a big deal, until the player hit 30 sooner, or 32 sooner, and skillset heads south.

Since 2001 - September 11, the validation of birth records for all foreign born visa applicants has been made very, very, very stringent.  

Just now, weams said:

Since 2001 - September 11, the validation of birth records for all foreign born visa applicants has been made very, very, very stringent.  

How can it be stringent, when the original birth records are not always very stringent????

Check the unicef numbers, 40% of all births worldwide are still unregistered.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

How can it be stringent, when the original birth records are not always very stringent????

Without them, you have not been able to get here. And play baseball. 

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

What I am saying is without birth records, you cannot register for MLB international signing.