Brewers- It's On

section18

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Camden_yardbird said:

I'm kind of wondering how serious they are on Gausman.  If they have to shut Bundy down for any length of time that doesn't leave them much.  Ramirez doing well has helped but they need to cover innings.

They can have CD pitch, it really doesn’t matter who they throw out there. They will lose and that is fine. 

I imagine this evening's uptick relates to Diamondbacks getting Escobar, who was another infielder on the shelf.

Twins still have Dozier, but in Yelich deal, Stearns paid the price for extra years of control.  That may give Schoop an edge on Dozier on a Brewer team looking to contend next year too.

1 minute ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I'm kind of wondering how serious they are on Gausman.  If they have to shut Bundy down for any length of time that doesn't leave them much.  Ramirez doing well has helped but they need to cover innings.

Not really a concern for me. Lose them all.

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

Gausman is on pace for a near 4 WAR season. He's 27, reasonably priced and isn't a FA until 2021. So the Brewers would have him for 3 years as well as this season. His numbers will improve in Milwaukee.

It better be an absolute haul for him. 

He's a FA after 2020, so they'd have him for the rest of this season plus the next two.

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

Gausman is on pace for a near 4 WAR season. He's 27, reasonably priced and isn't a FA until 2021. So the Brewers would have him for 3 years as well as this season. His numbers will improve in Milwaukee.

It better be an absolute haul for him. 

Agreed, but clearly an ideal time to trade him

Archived