Tuesday's (7/31/18) Trade Deadline

Greg Pappas

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, keithstone said:

Schoop made sense until we acquired Moustakas. We roll 13 pitchers, 4 position players on the bench include catcher, one of thames/braun, saladino, perez currently. If Schoop has significant flexibility and can play SS and/or OF, then maybe it makes sense. Otherwise it makes no sense.

You started a guy at Shortstop in your last game who had a .488 OPS.    I am sure you can find a place for Schoop. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

You started a guy at Shortstop in your last game who had a .488 OPS.    I am sure you can find a place for Schoop. 

Arcia has been hitting better since getting sent down. And SS/catcher are our only 2 weak spots in the lineup. We have very good players at every other spot. So unless Schoop can play ss or catcher, he doesn't fit.

A buddy of mine floated the idea of Shaw + prospects for Schoop + Bundy, but that's more of an idea...I wouldn't even call that speculation.

1 minute ago, keithstone said:

Arcia has been hitting better since getting sent down. And SS/catcher are our only 2 weak spots in the lineup. We have very good players at every other spot. So unless Schoop can play ss or catcher, he doesn't fit.

A buddy of mine floated the idea of Shaw + prospects for Schoop + Bundy, but that's more of an idea...I wouldn't even call that speculation.

I would say that Schoop can play both SS and 3B adequately but thats just my opinion.

Archived