This is one of the worst teams ever

Canson80

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/10/2018 at 8:56 AM, Bahama O's Fan said:

Sadly, I think if our team this year had its full healthy roster and were managed better (Not playing Chris Davis all the time), we could have more wins. Consider if you were given this roster to manage. How would you change it up to get more out of your players? I sometimes wonder if Buck and Dan are sabotaging the team because their status is up in the air.

If we had been slightly better, Dan may have lobbied for the opportunity to turn DL Hall, Mountcastle, Mullins and Hays into Parra and Jose Reyes.

1 hour ago, Malike said:

We should make more threads about this! I don't think it gets enough attention on the board.

Not enough people bring attention to the issue of bandwidth management. Everyone needs to feel and express those feelings simultaneously or things get out of control. This is outrageous.

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

This is one of the worst topics started, ever.

Embrace it.

o

Something good came out of it.

4 threads were merged into one.

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2F173/1

o

12 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

You never know... 2011 going into 2012 wasn’t real rosy.

Fortunately, a decent GM had set us up with talent on the farm and on the mlb roster. Unfortunately, those assets were poorly utilized. 

Dan inherited a future Cy Young award winner, people can cite our organizational view on cutters, but that organization philosophy didn’t likely come from ownerships views on the pitch. Duq gutted the system for an extra win or three and recently turned the core that took us to the playoffs into organizational depth. He didn’t bring back a relief arm that’s likely to be better than Liranzo, who he tossed away. 

Dan can’t get out of town soon enough, imho.

4 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

What can be done by talking about anything on a forum? ?

People can collaborate on educating each other. Facts can be exchanged. Data compiled.

Opinion pieces are probably just for ventilation. 

I keep thinking the Royals are going to screw up this perfectly bad season for us by finishing with one less win than the O's. Worst Oriole team I've ever watched and there could conceivably be a team that finishes below us. It would be just like them to do that...jerks!

??

Just now, OsEatAlEast said:

I keep thinking the Royals are going to screw up this perfectly bad season for us by finishing with one less win than the O's. Worst Oriole team I've ever watched and there could conceivably be a team that finishes below us. It would be just like them to do that...jerks!

??

1,2,3 - of no consequence. 

Just now, OsEatAlEast said:

I'm still waiting for the quasi-facetious emoji. Of course it may already be there and I just didn't look close enough.

I am serious. I don't think anyone ever can pick which one of the top three folks would be better three years down the road. Especially when you factor in the variable of pitching injuries. 

2 minutes ago, weams said:

I am serious. I don't think anyone ever can pick which one of the top three folks would be better three years down the road. Especially when you factor in the variable of pitching injuries. 

I meant a quasi-facetious emoji for my post. I know the draft is a crap shoot. My sense of humor as an O's fan has become warped in the Medieval tragedy mindset.

3 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

Fortunately, a decent GM had set us up with talent on the farm and on the mlb roster. Unfortunately, those assets were poorly utilized. 

If you’re referring to the Miguel Tejada and Erik Bedard trades, those happened in 2007-2008 offseason. We’re talking about four years later and we never had a farm system worth a dang. Otherwise I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

EDIT: In fact, the top four pitchers by WAR in 2012: O’Day, Chen, Hammel, and Gonzalez  were all Duquette acquisitions, plus Luis Ayala. He spun a 4.4 bWAR pitching staff into a 22.6 one. I find it hard to believe that anyone could say Duquette inherited everything from MacPhail. That’s fake news pal.

Archived