Ex-Orioles in the postseason

Moose Milligan

2 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

I agree a bit. I posted earlier that he will become the most hated ex-Oriole of all time if he goes to the Yankees and I think that's true, but I won't hate him...too much! :) Some attitude is not bad in competitive sports. And Manny was already a villain to Oakland and Toronto fans as well as some fans of other teams when he was an Oriole. They didn't see replay after replay of him and Schoop acting like happy school boys, they saw replays of him being a jerk or near jerk. 

They also didn't see Manny and Schoop skipping Fanfest.  Or Manny demanding to play Shortstop making the team much worse in the process. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, backwardsk said:

I thought Aguilar handles himself well both on the field and in front of the media.  But he kept his foot on the bag an awfully long time.  He catches the ball before Manny makes his stride with his right leg.  First basemen are taught to get their foot out of the way.  He also has his heel far back on the bag.  If he receives the ball like a fundamentally sound first baseman should, then Manny wouldn't have made contact with him without kicking his left leg out.

He keeps his foot on the bag a half a second too long, so people like Manny should be allowed to try and break it.. I'm sorry but I find that ludicrous.

Edited by gmelson26
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, atomic said:

They also didn't see Manny and Schoop skipping Fanfest.  Or Manny demanding to play Shortstop making the team much worse in the process. 

Manny didnt demand to play SS.

what part of being a realist allows you to twist the facts?

The O's skipper added this is something he's been discussing with Machado throughout the offseason.

"I think out of his respect for J.J. the last few years, obviously, [Machado has] been very professional about it," Showalter said. "But it's not like he's changing positions. He's going back to the position he's equipped to play."

3 hours ago, baltfan said:

He had the Donaldson outburst.  I don't think he was in the wrong with Boston.  Other than not hustling some, he seemed to behave under Buck.  In this series, he hasn't just not hustled but also grabbed a leg while sliding into second and kicked a foot while running to first.  Would this have happened with Buck?  Maybe.  But the larger point here is that he is doing the type of garbage A-Rod did (slapping at the glove, yelling "I got it"), and we know the two are very close.

There was the time he hit the catcher twice in the same at bat on his backswing.

The time he spiked Pedroia.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

There was the time he hit the catcher twice in the same at bat on his backswing.

The time he spiked Pedroia.

I would say Machado has issues.  Well he isn't our problem any longer.   We were the worst team int the league with him so its not like he will be missed. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

I would say Machado has issues.  Well he isn't our problem any longer.   We were the worst team int the league with him so its not like he will be missed. 

The only reason I'm upset by Machado's departure at this point is because I wish we would have gotten more for him. Oh well, we all knew the FO was gonna blow it.

1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

Aguilar purposely left his foot on the bag and Manny purposely kicked it. He would have had to make an acrobatic move to avoid it though.

Because he was running on the wrong side of the line.   If a ball had been hit to the P or C and the throw had hit him in the back he would have been out.

56 minutes ago, gmelson26 said:

He keeps his foot on the bag a half a second too long, so people like Manny should be allowed to try and break it.. I'm sorry but I find that ludicrous.

Yeah this argument might work a little if it wasn't his heel/tendon, what Manny did could have ended his season or worse.  Dirty.  And we have seen with Manny since he was 18, if you watch the footage, he doubles and triples down on the field when he could have defused or apologized right away, you can tell he knows he is wrong but doubles down causing a fight.  Even after the game he triples down again.  Many of Manny's antics would be defendable if he ever came out on the right side of them.  Fights put your teammates at risk.  It was disappointing to see, especially as the biggest Manny defender on the planet