Ex-Orioles in the postseason

Moose Milligan

5 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Harper has had a very interesting career. I don’t think too many people thinks he’s as good as Manny, but his two best years are better than any year Manny has ever had. Outside of his two great years, he’s been very average. 

With that being said, I get the feeling Harper’s more box office than Manny. He’s the one I see in commercials. 

Harper's actually not bad at playing straight-man roles in commercials--he and Posey. Manny's agent should persuade him to do some image-improvement cameos on a show like "Sesame Street," if the producer would take him, which he/she shouldn't.

33 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It worked out pretty well for Reggie Jackson.

27 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Yeah, but you only need one straw to stir a drink !!!

o

Yeah, and Munson could only st ........

o

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I didn't watch it.

What was some of the stomach-turning content ???

o

He kept yucking it up with Ortiz about their days and then their questions were either just saying “tell me how it feels...”  or just speeches designed to say “Look at Me!”  Baseball being represented by those two in the official booth is just sickening. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

That's our Evan Phillips, who came over with Zimmerman, Cumberland, and Encarnacion for Gausman and O'Day, pitching second for the Dodgers behind Joe Kelly the opener. Faced four Braves, K'd three of them. No hits, no runs, now pinch-hit for.

Phillips had a great K/Innings ratio for the Orioles, but also walked way too many batters. Glad he may have found a niche with the Dodgers.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, LA2 said:

That's our Evan Phillips, who came over with Zimmerman, Cumberland, and Encarnacion for Gausman and O'Day, pitching second behind Joe Kelly the opener. Faced four Braves, K'd three of them. No hits, no runs, now pinch-hit for.

Phillips had a great K/Innings ratio for the Orioles, but also walked way too many batters. Glad he may have found a niche with the Dodgers.

I like this trending up to the Orioles Talk forum.   It is very baseball beautiful that it isn't out of play in a few hours he's the one Lauren Shehadi talks to about stemming the tide when the 2021 Dodgers championship probability got to its lowest to date.

I don't think he is going to be on their 40 on November 20th or anything, but baseball man, baseball!!I 

I think I think that this summer/fall, the drivers of "outcomes involving any AAAA pitcher" have more to do with the Club than with the Player than they ever have.   

You make your replacement level, and maybe out of willful neglect...you even don't.   I mean, 128 innings of Matt Harvey...

• Upvote 1