DJ Stewart

WarehouseChatter

30 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How many games did Machado and Markakis play in AAA?

Not every hitter needs to serve a term at Harbor Park.

Now obviously if the folks in charge don't think it is a good idea than I'm fine with it.

But Mancini shouldn't be taking defensive reps away from an actual outfielder.

And manipulating service time shouldn't be an overriding concern.  (I still think the rules are going to be changed in the next CBA)

Agree.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

How many games did Machado and Markakis play in AAA?

Not every hitter needs to serve a term at Harbor Park.

Now obviously if the folks in charge don't think it is a good idea than I'm fine with it.

But Mancini shouldn't be taking defensive reps away from an actual outfielder.

And manipulating service time shouldn't be an overriding concern.  (I still think the rules are going to be changed in the next CBA)

I’ve been very consistent in my preference that our players spend time in AAA.    Hays in particular looked unready for the majors when he was called up in 2017 and he did nothing in 2018 to show he was ready.   

Just now, Frobby said:

I’ve been very consistent in my preference that our players spend time in AAA.    Hays in particular looked unready for the majors when he was called up in 2017 and he did nothing in 2018 to show he was ready.   

I don't remember, were you against the Machado promotion?  And yes we disagree on the need for AAA.  Haven't seem any studies supporting either position.

Archived