Hyde: New O’s Manager

Rene88

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Likely depends what he meant by "they." Since the subject of the post was the O's, I thought he meant the O's. But, he could have meant the new hires, which would totally change the meaning. Words like "they" and "it" can easily lead readers astray. 

"Do you think the O's know ... " has a much different meaning than "Do you think the new hires know ... "

After watching the presser today, I was super impressed with Hyde. Not only is he a fellow former Sonoma Countian... He seems like the absolute perfect dude to be running the show here. He came across as a natural teacher and communicator. Elias has the same vibe. 

Well, this is it guys. It's finally here. We have a real GM who's 35 and completely based in analytics... and one of the most intriguing young managers in baseball right now. 

I'd say the Angelbros are off to a fantastic start. I mean, couldn't get much better with these two hires (or three, with Sig)...

12 minutes ago, Bradysburns said:

After watching the presser today, I was super impressed with Hyde. Not only is he a fellow former Sonoma Countian... He seems like the absolute perfect dude to be running the show here. He came across as a natural teacher and communicator. Elias has the same vibe. 

Well, this is it guys. It's finally here. We have a real GM who's 35 and completely based in analytics... and one of the most intriguing young managers in baseball right now. 

I'd say the Angelbros are off to a fantastic start. I mean, couldn't get much better with these two hires (or three, with Sig)...

I think Elias and Sig are great, Hyde too. Somehow I think I think I'm MORE excited that the Bros are in charge and that they're not "being in charge." They hired Mike and are letting him and the rest run with it. Truly a new era in AngelO's baseball! :excited:

On 12/11/2018 at 8:06 PM, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

The Orioles are going to need a Joe Maddon type coach in order to handle the losing and keep things loose in the clubhouse.

Playing baseball, for lots of money, on the best fields in the world, while staying in the best hotels & eating at the best restaurants, as all kids & women fawn over you, can get stressful. 

4 hours ago, Bradysburns said:

We got the GM and manager that everyone else wanted. It’s good to be an O’s fan.

Archived