A few nuggets....

bigbird

Read into these as little or as much as you want....

Trembley is not a lock to return in 2009

Bradford may well be the first guy traded. The Brewers are interested and are rumored to be offering Hall and a low level prospect. LAD may also be interested depending on how Broxton does in the closers role for them over the next 2 weeks.

We hope to find a taker for Walker too.

We will eat a chunk of Ramon Hernandez's 2009 contract but have yet to find any takers.

It will take 2 major league ready young players to get Sherrill. Lots of interest since the AS game.

With the current state of the starting staff don't look for Cabrera to be traded.

Not much talk about Millar.

Mets have scouted Payton.

Wondering if Belkast or any of the other guys have heard anything recently....

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bradford may well be the first guy traded. The Brewers are interested and are rumored to be offering Hall and a low level prospect. LAD may also be interested depending on how Broxton does in the closers role for them over the next 2 weeks.

We will eat a chunk of Ramon Hernandez's 2009 contract but have yet to find any takers.

It will take 2 major league ready young players to get Sherrill. Lots of interest since the AS game.

With the current state of the starting staff don't look for Cabrera to be traded.

Good news all around, except for Trembley. Not sure what the hell else they expect the man to do? Is there ANY reason whatsoever we have not pulled the trigger already on Bradford to Milwaukee for Hall + someone? Good info BB...thanks!

I don't see any reason why Trembley would be a lock - I love him, but let's see if the team fades like the others before it...

Let me clarify: I think Trembley should be back. I don't think he's a lock just yet - frankly, the wheels come off and a number of other things could happen...etc.

What kind of unrealistic expectations do they have of Trembley if he's not a lock for at least one more year?

The only way I see that as a possibility is if he and MacPhail are butting heads behind the scenes. Otherwise, he's one of the reasons why they've looked remotely good.

I don't see any reason why Trembley would be a lock - I love him, but let's see if the team fades like the others before it...

The Orioles were destined for a 100 loss season and somehow he has motivated them for the past three months to be a decent baseball team. The fast start has faked people into thinking we were better than we are, but Trembley has the done a remarkable job with a group that has no right to be sniffing around the .500 mark. THAT's why he should be a lock to return.

I like what Trembley has done, but if they hire someone better, I wouldn't complain.

If the offer for Bradford is that, then I say you do it and hope they don't come to their senses. He can be our SS for the next 5 years, while we develop a better one. I was only hoping to get cash and a lower level prospect for him, so that's ideal.

I wouldn't expect a taker for Walker.

Are the Fish really not interested in Ramon?

Can you tell us what teams are interested in Sherrill?

I like the Cabrera news. I think he's finally turned a mental corner, and the stuff is still there.

I didn't think anyone was interested in Millar. Intangibles are probably hardly a subject of trade among teams, and that is almost all he has to offer.

If the Mets have scouted Payton, then you send him to them while he's high, that's what I reply!

I don't think his fate should have anything to do with what this year's team does or doesn't do. The bottomline, is Trembley instilling proper values and fundamentals? Is he getting the players to do things the right way and is he getting them to play hard? If you acknowledge that the team is a couple of years from competing then how you can you judge Trembley by the success of the team before then? Just a general you by the way Lucky Jim, not referring directly to you Spencer.;)

Thanks, bb. Nice to hear of the interest in Bradford and Sherrill.

Glad to hear the final chapter is not written on Trembley. The team is in a bad funk right now and we do not know how bad it will be. I find DT's handling of the bp to be of serious concern.

Archived