Adam Jones to Queens?

weams

On 12/28/2018 at 7:30 AM, Dark Helmet said:

I never said winning 47 games is a plan. I said the Orioles decided they needed to rebuild. The Mets and Reds are where the Orioles were in 2017. And look how last year went for the Orioles.

The Mets and Reds have valuable assets to rebuild with. Instead, they are adding expensive veterans that make them no better or at best still not a contender. 

It has nothing to do with wins and losses for me. I feel the Orioles are in better shape because they HAVE started their rebuild already while the Mets and Reds are in denial and somehow think they are close.

The Mets and the Reds aren't run well, I'll agree with you. But, I get why they're both going for it right now.

The Reds are "supposed" to be coming out of their long rebuild. They have Senzel, Trammell, Greene, and a young core on the way. I don't think the Dodgers trade helps them do much in that loaded division. But, I get why they think now is the time to go for it. 

The Mets - if they actually put some of their New York money on the table and add another impact player - which it appears they intend to do, that team can compete. If you don't try to win when you have deGrom, Syndergaard and a pretty nice young core of Conforto, Rosario, Nimmo, Smith, Wheeler - then why even be a baseball team, you know?

But, I agree with your major point, I'm optimistic as well because the O's are rebuilding not only the roster, but the organization. Starting now means they are on the right track and that hopefully they'll be a winning franchise with more sustainable windows of success in the future.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

And once again you missed it. I'm not arguing anything...its pointless arguing with someone like you.  I can't dumb it down any further for you.

You just say blah blah they are in worse shape than us. Please tell me how?  They have better players.  The Reds farm system is ranked much higher than the Orioles.  They are rated top 10 farm system by every major publication and the Orioles rated from 17 to 28.  Please do tell me how they are in worse shape than us?  Better players and better prospects and 20 more wins last season. 

Keep thinking you are smarter but if you haven't backed up your argument at all. It is just arguing to argue. 

1 hour ago, atomic said:

You just say blah blah they are in worse shape than us. Please tell me how?  They have better players.  The Reds farm system is ranked much higher than the Orioles.  They are rated top 10 farm system by every major publication and the Orioles rated from 17 to 28.  Please do tell me how they are in worse shape than us?  Better players and better prospects and 20 more wins last season. 

Keep thinking you are smarter but if you haven't backed up your argument at all. It is just arguing to argue. 

I've told you once. I'm not repeating myself again for you. I've also told you if you don't like what I said then ignore it. You choose to keep responding. And I'll keep responding to keep wasting your time.

• weams locked this topic

Archived