Interesting FAs

wildcard

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

When Caleb was a rookie most of the pitching staff was a veteran pitching staff.

I heard Bundy say that young pitchers throwing to young catchers is a harder thing to do because both are trying to figure it out.  He said throwing to a veteran catcher gives the young pitchers more confidence in the pitches being thrown.

I really don't want a vet. I really don;t want anyone having any say other than Elias and Mejdal. 

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, weams said:

I really don't want a vet. I really don;t want anyone having any say other than Elias and Mejdal. 

You think Elias and Mejdal are going to call pitches from the front office?

They may supply data to the catching coach and catchers but I doubt they call pitches during the games.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

You think Elias and Mejdal are going to call pitches from the front office?

They may supply data to the catching coach and catchers but I doubt they call pitches during the games.

I don't want any other inputs. Tim Cossins will do fine for me. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

Orioles are not the Astros. 

So far it sounds like Elias has the O's organization following the Astros patterns minus the mistakes they made.  Anything that worked there he is trying to bring to the O's including Sig.    I think it a legit question to ask if the Astros dugout calls their pitches.  Someone that has read Astroball would probably know.

Just now, wildcard said:

So far it sounds like Elias has the O's organization following the Astros patterns minus the mistakes they made.  Anything that worked there he is trying to bring to the O's including Sig.    I think it a legit question to ask if the Astros dugout calls their pitches.  Someone that has read Astroball would probably know.

Really? I see no evidence of that. I see some smart guys using some things they know how to do and creating other things.

8 minutes ago, weams said:

Really? I see no evidence of that. I see some smart guys using some things they know how to do and creating other things.

Elias is trying to create a culture where analytic can thrive.   Sig and Brocail with Astros background.  Hyde, Cossins and Flores with Cubs background which is a analytics driven organization.  Long and  Beyeler because the were available and it was late. They add some experience.  Clark, Wasdin and Hernandez because their know some of the O's players.

When Luhnow took over the Astros he did not trade very much over the first winter.   Just added Lowrie.  Then evaluated the talent.   Made a bunch of trades in July.  Elias seem to be following the same path so far.  We will see about July.

Archived