Hard to keep Hays out of this lineup

Roy Firestone

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, atomic said:

I find it absurd how many people on here like whatever management does without question.  I am unhappy about the team.  Name me one thing positive that the team has done this off season? And don't give me the rule 5 draft.  Any moron would have taken Martin with the Rule 5 pick and it cost them no money. 

And people kept saying that our analytics department was so bad yet the Astros hired our main analytics person from last season. 

We've already increased the analytics dept like 500%. People get hired after seasons, perfectly reasonable our analytics person left when she got a good job offer.

You are absolutely ridiculous.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

We've already increased the analytics dept like 500%. People get hired after seasons, perfectly reasonable our analytics person left when she got a good job offer.

You are absolutely ridiculous.

She got a good job offer with the Astros.  I am ridiculous because the team hasn't made any moves?  Size of a department doesn't really mean anything it is the quality of the people you have there.  

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

People on here act like he was the GM for the Astros.  When he was not.  He is hardly mentioned in Astroball book. So far he hasn't done anything. I am guessing the team chose him because he said he could make do with no budget to add players to the team. 

Care to refute this @Can_of_corn? Because I know you don't agree. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

She got a good job offer with the Astros.  I am ridiculous because the team hasn't made any moves?  Size of a department doesn't really mean anything it is the quality of the people you have there.  

No reason to suspect any of the people hired aren't quality! You're just spouting nonsense based on no facts because you're mad Hays got optioned lol.

Just now, interloper said:

EXACTLY WHAT I SAID. The players they think are big prospects have different rules. That's nothing new. 

I don't think Hays or Diaz count as "big prospects".  That's for folks like Acuna and Vlad Jr.

The O's won't have an "big prospects" until the draft.

Unless you count anyone in the top 100 a big prospect.  That's a rather large pool.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

No reason to suspect any of the people hired aren't quality! You're just spouting nonsense based on no facts because you're mad Hays got optioned lol.

No I am mad because there is zero reason to watch this team. If Diaz was up and Hays was down at least I could watch to see Diaz.  Really both should be up.  Time to turn things around. 

And the organization made zero effort to make the worst team in Orioles history any better during the off-season.  People on here keep talking about how smart Elias is but he made zero moves other than signing Karns to a 1 year deal at 800k.  

The league should change the rules and if you play 1 game in a season it counts towards a year of service time. Then we wouldn't have teams like the Orioles doing such nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think Hays or Diaz count as "big prospects".  That's for folks like Acuna and Vlad Jr.

The O's won't have an "big prospects" until the draft.

Unless you count anyone in the top 100 a big prospect.  That's a rather large pool.

For the Os they do. Come on this is playing the semantics game. Suddenly development doesn't matter unless you have a Vlad Jr? Everyone who is remotely ready must make the team?

Hays is as top tier as it gets for the Os along with Diaz. You make sure these guys are developed properly at all costs. 

Just now, atomic said:

No I am mad because there is zero reason to watch this team. If Diaz was up and Hays was down at least I could watch to see Diaz.  Really both should be up.  Time to turn things around. 

And the organization made zero effort to make the worst team in Orioles history any better during the off-season.  People on here keep talking about how smart Elias is but he made zero moves other than signing Karns to a 1 year deal at 800k.  

The league should change the rules and if you play 1 game in a season it counts towards a year of service time. Then we wouldn't have teams like the Orioles doing such nonsense. 

Then don't watch the team and spare us your whining. Good lord. 

Just now, interloper said:

For the Os they do. Come on this is playing the semantics game. Suddenly development doesn't matter unless you have a Vlad Jr? Everyone who is remotely ready must make the team?

Hays is as top tier as it gets for the Os along with Diaz. You make sure these guys are developed properly at all costs. 

It isn't a semantics game and nothing about my viewpoint is sudden.

I've been saying for years that I don't think service time manipulation is worth the effort unless you are talking about truly elite prospects.

That's my record.  I said it about Schoop for goodness sake.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Then don't watch the team and spare us your whining. Good lord

I am sure most of you won't be watching either.  And you will still praise the team while not attending games or watching them on TV.  A lot of you go to zero games.  Like Can of Corn.   But love to talk about it like you are the biggest fans. 

Archived