2019 New York Yankees

OFFNY

On 10/18/2019 at 12:33 AM, OFFNY said:

o

4 Days Later ........

This series is reminding me of the 2010 ALCS between the Rangers and the Yankees ......... after splitting the first 2 games of that series in Texas, the Rangers came back to take both Games 3 and 4 in front of hostile crowds at Yankees Stadium. The Yankees would avoid elimination by winning Game 5, but then were beaten decisively in Game 6 back in Texas.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/2010_ALCS.shtml

Image result for Robinson Cano home run nelson Cruz 2010 Rangers olllllllllllllllll Image result for Robinson Cano home run nelson Cruz 2010 Rangers

Image result for Robinson Cano home run nelson Cruz 2010 Rangers

o

o

In terms of game sequence, this series played out precisely like that 2010 ALCS betyween the Yankees and the Rangers did ........ the Rangers (in 2010) and the Astros (in 2019) both lost Game One in Texas, won Game 2 in Texas, won Games 3 and 4 at Yankee Stadium, lost Game 5 at Yankee Stadium, and clinched the series with a win in Game 6 in Texas.

The final games of the respective series were considerably different, though ........ the Rangers won Game 6 going away back in 2010, while the Astros needed an extra-inning, walk-off home run to claim the series.

o

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, scOtt said:

F the Gnats.

F the Spankees more... 

It doesn’t matter now but it’s still disappointing to see Orioles fans rooting for the Yankees to win a World Series. If the Yankees beat Houston I’d have become the biggest Nats fan in the country. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Flame away, but a tiny part of me wants to see Britton in the World Series.

Haha, had a related experience this evening in a bar in Brooklyn: I had my O's batting helmet on wch everyone made me take off (they saw the orange and black and thought it was Astros--it was dark in there and they cdn't see it was black, not navy blue), but I put it back on when Zach took the mound and cheered him throughout his scoreless, though scary, inning. Then LeMahieu hit the game-tying homer in the 9th after I told the guys at the bar that that was exactly what one of their "Bombers" was going to do. I had also earlier predicted a DP ending the Yankee rally in the 8th wd be the consequence of one of them temporarily confiscating the helmet and hiding it at the end of the counter: that's exactly when Brantley's unusual catch and assist doubling-up Judge happened.

So when I got up to leave before the bottom of the 9th, people were saying, "Stay! Stay! The helmet's good luck!" "Don't go Oriole fan, we need the helmet!" But I left and a few blocks away, stopping to watch a TV through a restaurant window, I saw Altuve's homer and imagined the groaning shadows back at the bar, which was also having karaoke night.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m thrilled the Yankees are staying home for the World Series.   For the record, they did not go to the World Series at all in the 2010’s, though they won 3 division titles, made the playoffs 7 times (I include their one wild card loss in that), and made the ALCS 4 times. That would be a good decade for about any other team, but it’s a failure for the Yankees.    

• Upvote 2