O’s draft allotment: $13.8 mm

Frobby

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Any thought Rutschman might be moved off catcher once pro?  I have heard is very good there but sometimes when a bat is that good it's worth protecting it from the rigors of catching. 

Yeah COC is right, Vaughn’s bat is just as good, and the zone recognition/approach is even better. Rutschman adds a ton of value behind the plate, if you move him off, he falls into the next tier with Vaughn, Bishop, Abrams, and Witt IMO.

6 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Yeah COC is right, Vaughn’s bat is just as good, and the zone recognition/approach is even better. Rutschman adds a ton of value behind the plate, if you move him off, he falls into the next tier with Vaughn, Bishop, Abrams, and Witt IMO.

How much of a saving do you think a team would have to realize to move off of Rutschman? 

On 4/5/2019 at 5:50 PM, sevastras said:

Where is Trejyn Fletcher drafted if he is able to petition for this years draft?  

I'd be happy to see us get him. Currently FanGraphs has him as their #74th ranked prospect. We pick #1, #41, #71, and #79.

...and they added this: 

Former-2020 prospect reclassfied into the 2019 class in mid-March after trasnferring to a Portland, ME high school. Big bat speed, raw power and foot speed, but limited track record of hitting, comparable to Rays CF Garrett Whitley, a former 1st rounder.

33 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How much of a saving do you think a team would have to realize to move off of Rutschman? 

I don’t know, you’d need someone to target with that money and that’s going to be tricky with the Diamondbacks and their huge pool of cash sitting there. I think the move is to go BPA, if they save some cash at 1-1, which they’ll likely do regardless, then try to grab an overslot at the 3rd or comp B pick. 

20 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I don’t know, you’d need someone to target with that money and that’s going to be tricky with the Diamondbacks and their huge pool of cash sitting there. I think the move is to go BPA, if they save some cash at 1-1, which they’ll likely do regardless, then try to grab an overslot at the 3rd or comp B pick. 

BPA?

Archived