O's Moves that need to be made

wildcard

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/5/2019 at 12:03 PM, ChuckS said:

What are you saying this based on? Spring training and a weeks worth of games? 

Mullins hit considerably better in Double A while being two years younger than Jackson and Mullins is a more viable CF. Their minor league credentials don’t even compare and neither has had enough time in Baltimore to come to any conclusions there. 

I am not saying this based on ST and a couple of games. This is my gut felling based on his milb record and what I see him (not) bringing to the table in MLB. Good luck to him, but I believe he is not ever going to be a major leaguer.

On 4/5/2019 at 1:09 PM, Camden_yardbird said:

Care to explain your reasoning?

There is not a lot to go on at the major league level, certainly not enough to provide normalized stats.  And you don't have much to go on based on minor league levels because those stats look pretty good.

I realize that many people don't care one iota about strength and accuracy of throwing arm. That's an inexcusable mistake, imo. I think it's a crucial factor in the success of every fielder. (Firstbase would be the sole exception.) I can't abide shot-putters as outfielders.

As for offensive milb stats, I don't see them translating to playable MLB stats. Can he be anything other than a light-hitting, below average outfield defender who can't hit lefties? I don't see it.

There are so many baseball players in the world that I can't see CM being one of the best 800. He is getting the courtesy of a look. If he proves me wrong, good for him. One thing I feel certain of is that he won't be part of the next Orioles' winning team.

14 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

I realize that many people don't care one iota about strength and accuracy of throwing arm. That's an inexcusable mistake, imo. I think it's a crucial factor in the success of every fielder. (Firstbase would be the sole exception.) I can't abide shot-putters as outfielders.

As for offensive milb stats, I don't see them translating to playable MLB stats. Can he be anything other than a light-hitting, below average outfield defender who can't hit lefties? I don't see it.

There are so many baseball players in the world that I can't see CM being one of the best 800. He is getting the courtesy of a look. If he proves me wrong, good for him. One thing I feel certain of is that he won't be part of the next Orioles' winning team.

I care about throwing.

I just care about the ability to run down balls and make difficult catches a lot more.

2 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

I insist that outfielders have an average arm. Speed is nice for a center fielder. Trey seems to have a better arm for right than I imagined. 

On 4/7/2019 at 10:06 AM, Can_of_corn said:

I care about throwing.

I just care about the ability to run down balls and make difficult catches a lot more.

How good is he at these? Are there not a good number of guys who can run down balls and make difficult catches who can throw and hit better? Maybe not in the Orioles' org right this minute, but across the minor leagues.

The only hope is that by the all-star break some of these guys will be trade bait so we can add players with a modicum of upside at the A and AA levels.  I don’t see a single player on the current MLB roster who will still be here when the team becomes competitive.

Let the minor leaguers season folks. Like Elias says, this is going to take at least three years. They may get rid of Wright, but do not totally freak if he stays in the pen. For what this team will look like in three years, look at Delmarva.

Archived