Attendance 2019

Frobby

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think you’re living in the past.   I’ll try to respond in more detail tomorrow when I have access to some data from past years that I’ve been tracking.   

Where are you seeing a weekend series with Boston this month?   We have weekday series with New York and Detroit and then a weekend series with San Francisco.   

They have two weekend series with Boston left but later in the year. That will be about 185,000 for those ganes.Weather Day is about 30,000 this month plus some Little League Days.Expect about a 100,000 decline from last year which was low.

On 5/6/2019 at 9:59 AM, Redskins Rick said:

Pepsi is always trying hard to get into markets.

People want Coke.

Pepsi has had to purchase food chains and restaurants, as well as made insane deals to get their product carried.

Outside of Sodas, Pepsi has a pretty dominant brand portfolio. 

59 minutes ago, TheThinkingOriole said:

But there's no gaurantee the weather is going to get better. My belief is that the weather is going to stay this way. Due to climate change, we are going to see dryer winters because it'll be too cold for precipitation to develop while we end up with wetter springs, summers and autumns. 

Kids don't care about the Orioles. Kids these days live in a virtual world where they have no interest in watching a losing team in a sport they find boring. Even if kids cared, Mom and Dad have to work the next day. They're not going to want to head home at 10:30 when they have to wake up at 5 a.m.

Can you imagine if the Orioles had kept the 8 p.m. start times. We'd have games ending at 11:30 routinely. Yikes!

The weather has been awesome this spring.  I am not sure how it could get better.  And who the heck gets up at 5 AM?

1 hour ago, TheThinkingOriole said:

But there's no gaurantee the weather is going to get better. My belief is that the weather is going to stay this way. Due to climate change, we are going to see dryer winters because it'll be too cold for precipitation to develop while we end up with wetter springs, summers and autumns. 

Kids don't care about the Orioles. Kids these days live in a virtual world where they have no interest in watching a losing team in a sport they find boring. Even if kids cared, Mom and Dad have to work the next day. They're not going to want to head home at 10:30 when they have to wake up at 5 a.m.

Can you imagine if the Orioles had kept the 8 p.m. start times. We'd have games ending at 11:30 routinely. Yikes!

Games are still long and the play is not good.Lowest cumulative batting average in 45 years. Still homers,k's and walks. Seems to be more hit batters,wild pitches and passed balls.Almost half the teams not trying to win. Attendance will keep going down when you can watch pretty bad baseball for free at home.

3 hours ago, Going Underground said:

And the Orioles were already singing.

Get your bats ........ the Yanks are coming, the Yanks are coming.

o

Actually, we're going there ........ I'm going to be at Wednesday night's game.

o

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheThinkingOriole said:

Awesome? 15 Fridays in a row have had rain in the Baltimore Area. Of those 15 weekends, there has been rain on Saturday and/or Sunday. 

And plenty of working people get up at 5 a.m.

I am not sure where you have been but the weather has been gorgeous.  If you are complaining about the weather this year you are just a complainer.  Compare the weather to any other April.  We have had so many sunny days in the 60’s and the 70’s.  

Also I don’t know anyone that gets up at 5 AM. School doesn’t start until 8 AM.

33 minutes ago, TheThinkingOriole said:

Awesome? 15 Fridays in a row have had rain in the Baltimore Area. Of those 15 weekends, there has been rain on Saturday and/or Sunday. 

And plenty of working people get up at 5 a.m. 

I get up at 5 A.M. and have since I was 12 years of age.  On a dairy farm, cows do not carry clocks around with them.  Currently I need to be at work at 6:30 AM, hence the early rise that has been instilled in my system as a youth.  I have seen many a worker dimissed because they want Banker Hours.  Go work at a bank if you need to Sleep In.