Attendance 2019

Frobby

2 hours ago, fansince1988 said:

I'm surprised and encouraged they drew that many last night. Looks like 100s of tickets are still available for today's game in most sections. Its going to be very close.

Under 10K to go, 1.3M should be in the books.  Today, they're competing against a really good Ravens game on TV, and the giveaway is *meh*.   It was a legit 22K last night, most sections had fans.  The best part was getting to have a mid-game visit with @weams and his bride, a terrific couple.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TonySoprano said:

Under 10K to go, 1.3M should be in the books.  Today, they're competing against a really good Ravens game on TV, and the giveaway is *meh*.   It was a legit 22K last night, most sections had fans.  The best part was getting to have a mid-game visit with @weams and his bride, a terrific couple.   

Wait - what!???  No love for Austin Hays?  ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

So, 1,307,807.    Very weak but at least they hit the 1.3 mm mark.   

I think most people were there.   A lot of people sitting in the shady areas of the ballpark.   I baked in the sun and enjoyed my last taste of baseball for 2019.

I say about 13,000 or 14,000.

Their season attendance is 1,307,807 with an aeverage of 16,348. It's a drop of about 257,000 fans this seaon.

Since 2017 ,a drop of around 720,000.

That Thank the Fan video was terrible. Just spliced together footage.No personal thank you by any player or coach.Very lame.Used to be much better 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TonySoprano said:

today's paid attendance  - 17,540.   Unlike last night, there were a lot more no-shows.  A lot more.  I saw people walking in, grabbing their free t-shirts, and leaving.  

1,307,807 is the final number.

They handed out the smallest XL shirt I've ever seen, easily a medium or small after one run through the wash.

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2019 at 5:11 PM, fansince1988 said:

How many fans will show up the final home game of the season? I'm guessing 8,942. Ravens Chiefs game, two of the most exciting teams in the NFL are playing, and it's going to be hot in Baltimore. I'll be there with my Dad and brother rooting on the O's for my only Camden Yards appearance this season (and checking my phone every five minutes rooting for the Ravens).

I'm happy to admit that I was wrong. It was great to spend the day with my Dad, and my brother. Thanks to the Orioles for getting us a win today.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

So, 1,307,807.    Very weak but at least they hit the 1.3 mm mark.   

I think most people were there.   A lot of people sitting in the shady areas of the ballpark.   I baked in the sun and enjoyed my last taste of baseball for 2019.

No plans for Nats playoff games?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fansince1988 said:

They handed out the smallest XL shirt I've ever seen, easily a medium or small after one run through the wash.

In between a medium and large People in Bangladesh are happy My label is distorted or unreadable. Can't tell what it says.Not sure how much percentage of cotton.Looks like bargain seconds picked up at an outlet store. Sort of like most of the players they picked up. Mostly irregular. 

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

In between a medium and large People in Bangladesh are happy My label is distorted or unreadable. Can't tell what it says.Not sure how much percentage of cotton.Looks like bargain seconds picked up at an outlet store. Sort of like most of the players they picked up. Mostly irregular. 

At least it wasn't Orange.  I just donate the Orange t-shirts to Goodwill. 

3 hours ago, Going Underground said:

The Nationals are also down in attendance. Right now 500,000 from last year.Still have 7 more home games left in a wild card race but still will be down 250,000 or more.

DC united attendance is up.  They average 2,000 more fans per game than the Orioles.  Washington Spirit double their attendance from last year.  Sold out most of their home games  Sold out Audi Field with 20,000 people attending.  

On a personal note, wasn't able to make it to a game all year.  I can truly say the team's record had nothing to do with it, I enjoy a day at the ballpark no matter what, the schedule just got away from us this year.  Hate that I missed a year with the little ones who are starting to become not so little.  Won't make the same mistake next year.