The Silver Lining Report: Game 12/162 ( O's lose 10-3)

interloper

Hoo boy.

• Trey Mancini: Another home run and some feisty chirping at Montas. I like it. Also this: 
  • Rio Ruiz: First homer! A golfed 2-run shot that landed on the flag court. Nice to see him tap into some of the power he showed in spring. Added a walk as well. 

• Mike Wright: As predicted, on the precipice of the great DFA chasm for the umpteenth time, he digs deep and scrapes together 2 sterling innings in which he struck out 3 and only allowed 2 base runners. Mike Wright, ladies and gents. 

• Cedric Mullins: 2 more walks and his OBP (.294) is basically double his BA (.148). Some nice plays out in CF in a, uh, fly ball-heavy game. 

• Josh Rogers: Well, he did the job he was here to do which was eat innings. 3.2 IP picked up Straily and saved the rest of the 'pen. I liked that he only walked 1. He is what he is but at least he attacked. 

Splitting the series would be cool - let's go!

21 minutes ago, Mayor McCheese said:

After last nights loss:

• Pitching Runs - 82 (Most in MLB)
  • Home Runs Allowed - 32 (Most in MLB)
  • Orioles Team Pitching - .299 (29th) / 6.45 (29th)
  • Orioles Bullpen - 7.88 ERA (30th) / 49 runs (30th) / 19 home runs (30th)

SILVER liner thread, not trash liner...

As bad as it's been, there are still 10 teams with a record equal or worse than ours. Many of those teams were expected to compete. The bullpen stats will stabilize as the season goes along as we face more offenses like the Blue Jays instead of the Yankees and A's. Chances are they will still be near the very bottom in ERA but most of our pitchers who are getting lit up have an MLB track record of better results.  Both Oakland and NYY were in the top 5 in runs scored last season. Let's just see how things play out going forward.

1 hour ago, Mayor McCheese said:

After last nights loss:

• Pitching Runs - 82 (Most in MLB)
  • Home Runs Allowed - 32 (Most in MLB)
  • Orioles Team Pitching - .299 (29th) / 6.45 (29th)
  • Orioles Bullpen - 7.88 ERA (30th) / 49 runs (30th) / 19 home runs (30th)

giphy.gif

Wrong thread. Don’t be an ahole. Basically every other thread is about how bad the Orioles are. Post this stuff in one of those  threads. 

4 hours ago, interloper said:

Hoo boy.

• Trey Mancini: Another home run and some feisty chirping at Montas. I like it. Also this: 
  • Rio Ruiz: First homer! A golfed 2-run shot that landed on the flag court. Nice to see him tap into some of the power he showed in spring. Added a walk as well. 

• Mike Wright: As predicted, on the precipice of the great DFA chasm for the umpteenth time, he digs deep and scrapes together 2 sterling innings in which he struck out 3 and only allowed 2 base runners. Mike Wright, ladies and gents. 

• Cedric Mullins: 2 more walks and his OBP (.294) is basically double his BA (.148). Some nice plays out in CF in a, uh, fly ball-heavy game. 

• Josh Rogers: Well, he did the job he was here to do which was eat innings. 3.2 IP picked up Straily and saved the rest of the 'pen. I liked that he only walked 1. He is what he is but at least he attacked. 

Splitting the series would be cool - let's go!

Thanks for this thread - always looking for some positivity!

CD got the dubious record "out of the way" and finished an even 0 - 50.  Now some of the pressure is off and we can see what the next fifty AB's will do.  Some of the bad luck will regress to the mean.

Fresh arms are up and Bleier is off to the IL where he can work out his issues.  Rogers can return to keep his arm healthy and await his next return to the MLB.  It's time for some sunlit baseball!

I hadn't realized this until looking at Baseball Reference this afternoon, but the Orioles are at 6th in the AL in strikeouts offensively.  I mean they're still near the bottom in walks and on base percentage, but considering some of the hitters on the team, I just as soon figured we'd have whiffed a lot more.

Archived