I'm worried about this team....

Brion McClanahan

2 hours ago, bobmc said:

You really need to @Moose Milligan and @Can of Corn to get their true sentiments more rapidly but you, my friend, are not one of the true prospects here, alas!  But I commend you for speechifying and raising the glass!  ?  I do love your posts, however!  *sigh*  #mancrush 

I saw it almost as soon as it was posted but I was too overwhelmed by the sentiment to respond.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think all of baseball learned around the same time that without PEDs that long contracts are dumb. Unless, you’re locking up your young players and buying out their first 2+ FA seasons. 

Homers, a dominant bullpen, and a good manager only got us so far. Now we’re just devoid of pitching talent. We keep trying to dip down to AAA but those guys aren’t even 4A talent level. 

Keeping Buck and DD would have been just using a rake. Hiring Elias and tanking is the backhoe we needed. 

I think we are on the same page 100%

4 minutes ago, Brion McClanahan said:

Their performance so far tonight has rekindled my faith in their abilities. No hits through 3. Awesome.

What do you expect?  The Red Sox starters came into today's game with an 8.78 ERA.  The Oriole bats aren't made of miracles.  Have to expect them to struggle a bit against that kind of dominance. 

On 4/12/2019 at 8:00 PM, Can_of_corn said:

What do you expect?  The Red Sox starters came into today's game with an 8.78 ERA.  The Oriole bats aren't made of miracles.  Have to expect them to struggle a bit against that kind of dominance. 

Just when I thought it was going to be okay, Davis has 3 hits and somehow the Orioles play below expectations. This team needs to wake up, get out of the slump. Bullpen puts away the Red Sox, too. The Os are now 3 games behind the Marlins and Royals. We are letting this beautiful opportunity slip away.

8 minutes ago, Brion McClanahan said:

Just when I thought it was going to be okay, Davis has 3 hits and somehow the Orioles play below expectations. This team needs to wake up, get out of the slump. Bullpen puts away the Red Sox, too. The Os are now 3 games behind the Marlins and Royals. We are letting this beautiful opportunity slip away.

Are you forgetting about the Rockies? They have  the worst record in MLB at 3-12. 

On 4/12/2019 at 11:34 PM, atomic said:

I have no fear of the Royals finishing worse than us.  This team is destined for worst record in baseball.  1-7 in last 8 games.  162 game seasons tend to put you at your level.

I'm sure you realize that going 1-7 during some part of the regular season is rather meaningless.

Archived