The Silver Lining Report: Game 13/162 (O's lose 8-5)

interloper

Trust the process.

• Dylan Bundy: I was pretty hard on him in other threads, but truth be told there are some silver linings to be found. Firstly, it was his best start of the season just by virtue of him going 5 innings. Secondly, he struck out 8, so something is working, and that something is the slider and change. I have hope that he will continue to get better.

• Josh Lucas: The latest Orioles long reliever did a fine job, putting up 2 scoreless and only allowing 1 hit and 1 walk. Chipping away at that team bullpen ERA!

• Jimmy Yacabonis: Inherited a mess and got out of it. The Yac is certainly doing his part in the early going. I haven't been a big believer in him the last couple years, but he's getting it done so far despite a lack of K's. Approaching "Bullpen Stalwart" status.

• Dwight Smith Jr.: BOOOOOM. A 430-or-so foot bomb out into the DEEP right field seats. Goodness. The highlight is worth a watch if only because the child who was given the home run ball nearly threw it back onto the field out of pure instinct. Dwight also added an RBI double. The only hole in his game so far has been a lack of XBH early on so hopefully this trend continues. 

• Chris Davis: Continues to sting the ball, including one shot that had an expected BA of .650. At some point he will get a hit and I'm sure it will have an expected batting average of a buck twenty-five. Orioles fans in attendance continue to support Chris because, honestly, what else is there to do? IMO, his ABs are now must-see ABs. It's fascinating, if nothing else. 

• The Comeback: Another decent comeback attempt in this one, and the O's have shown that despite their lackluster lineup they can actually put together some ABs and score some runs. Hopefully they can keep doing that and the bullpen can sort itself out a little bit. For now, it's nice to know they have some fight in 'em. 

• Mini ?s: 2 more walks for Ruiz (.302 OBP despite a .194 BA), RBI groundout for Mullins, a hit apiece for Nunez and VIllar, another sliding catch in RF for Mancini.

• The Road: The O's have been better on the road to start the season - perhaps it continues in Boston? That'd be fun. 

1 hour ago, weams said:

Chris Davis killed the comeback. 

Mancini was the one who didn't come through with the bases loaded hit yesterday early on. 

1 hour ago, weams said:

Lucas allowed a run.

It was unearned. Per the silver lining thread rules, I do not note the poor defense. Lucas did his job. 

@weamsI'm not sure why you've decided to chime in here with two bummer posts when you obviously know the intent of the thread. ?‍♂️ Seems kind of unnecessary, unless you're doing it on purpose for some reason. 

On 4/12/2019 at 8:55 AM, Going Underground said:

Still in 3rd place in the AL East. 9 teams have a worse record then the Orioles.

o

Back in in 3rd place again after beating the Red Sox this afternoon ........ half a game behind the Yankees for 2nd place.

o

Archived