The Silver Lining Report: Game 20/162 (O's win 6-5)

interloper

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, ShaneDawg85 said:

If there's one thing that is so instantly refreshing about this team so far, it's that they don't just roll over and die.  They've only been in three one run games, but so far they're 3-0.  Last year's team just felt like no matter what the circumstances if it was close and late they would lose, as evidence by their 12-29 record in one run games.  This team isn't very good, but if you're going to lose I'd rather see them go down fighting than just saying screw it.

Starting to remind of the 2012 team.

1. 2012 Baltimore Orioles (29-9 record in one-run games, .763 winning percentage)
The O's established the modern-day mark for the best record in one-run games during their surprising run to the playoffs -- 2012 was Baltimore's first postseason appearance since 1997, after 14 consecutive losing seasons. Pitching in so many close games, closer Jim Johnson led the Majors with 51 saves.

Once in the playoffs, the Orioles beat the Rangers in the AL Wild Card Game before falling to the Yankees in the AL Division Series in a deciding fifth game. Both of Baltimore's wins over New York in that series were by one run.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

Wow, thanks.

How the heck was there that many players in the draft pool????????

No idea. We should’ve entered our names too.

1390/62 is only 22 and change. Maybe some teams stopped picking. It was 1988 so only 26 teams. 

3 minutes ago, waroriole said:

No idea. We should’ve entered our names too.

1390/62 is only 22 and change. Maybe some teams stopped picking. It was 1988 so only 26 teams. 

Nah, I was like Pedro and the Major League movie, I could hit the fast ball well,  but anything else I was toast. LOL

2 hours ago, bobmc said:

Inside the park dinger!

I timed that at 15.45 seconds.   Is that even possible for a catcher?   For reference, I had Mullins at 15.7 on that triple and error play last week, though he did need to slide into third and pop back up.    But I’m still shocked Rutschmann can run that fast.   

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I timed that at 15.45 seconds.   Is that even possible for a catcher?   For reference, I had Mullins at 15.7 on that triple and error play last week, though he did need to slide into third and pop back up.    But I’m still shocked Rutschmann can run that fast.   

With all those multiple shots, I suspect it was edited for highlights, so it may not be in real time. In other words, seconds redacted.

3 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

With all those multiple shots, I suspect it was edited for highlights, so it may not be in real time. In other words, seconds redacted.

I dunno, the announcers were talking the entire time.   

It's also refreshing to win an extra inning game, granted I'd rather have not blown the game necessitating extra innings in the first place.  As if you couldn't tell, if the game went into extra innings in 2018, the Orioles were going to lose, based on their 4-9 record.  But, it didn't start that way.  They won their first three extra inning games of the year, but won only one the rest of the season, and not a single one after June 22.

Archived