Really stupid stuff

wildcard

As far as Kline goes it was a chance for a feel good story. They had the 26th man and were at home. His schedule was not impacted by it. Now he goes back to AAA and falls back into their pen. 

Still 140 games left. We will see plenty of moves. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

No they don’t. This team is awful. 

Teams always want to keep options at AAA. Who knows when the next guy gets hurt or is ineffective. Let Yefry pitch every 5 days in AAA. This team is losing 100 games whether Ramirez is in pen or not. 

I don’t really care if they put him in pen or not but I can see logic of keeping him ready at AAA. They may not be looking to gain some small advantages in Baltimore and may be looking at having him be a real option to start.  

If this was a contender they would operate differently.  

So you would leave Ramirez at AAA starting until two starters are injury in the O's rotation?

When the O's need help in the pen?

26 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

As far as Kline goes it was a chance for a feel good story. They had the 26th man and were at home. His schedule was not impacted by it. Now he goes back to AAA and falls back into their pen. 

Still 140 games left. We will see plenty of moves. 

You said it.  There are 140 games left.    Kline has a 8.53 ERA at AAA.  That indicates that he is not pitching at his best.   There is plenty of time for his feel good moment when he is  pitching better and comes up later in the season.  Then maybe he stays.  He has a great arm.

Meanwhile Ramirez has not allowed a run at AAA this season.  He is ready for a call up. And he could stay.

I like Kline.  We graduated from the same high school about 40 years apart.   I would love to see him do well in the majors.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

You said it.  There are 140 games left.    Kline has a 8.53 ERA at AAA.  That indicates that he is not pitching at his best.   There is plenty of time for his feel good moment when he is  pitching better and comes up later in the season.  Then maybe he stays.  He has a great arm.

Meanwhile Ramirez has not allowed a run at AAA this season.  He is ready for a call up. And he could stay.

I like Kline.  We graduated from the same high school about 40 years apart.   I would love to see him do well in the majors.

I think you’re right that the Kline call-up was questionable.   However, on a personal level I was really happy for Kline to get called up.   Pretty cool considering everything he’s been through.   

21 minutes ago, wildcard said:

So you would leave Ramirez at AAA starting until two starters are injury in the O's rotation?

When the O's need help in the pen?

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Why disrupt a starter in the minors for one and done call up?

If they have hopes for Yefry you can make a strong argument that keeping him at AAA is more meaningful than being a long man in the majors.  

20 minutes ago, interloper said:

Cobb was rushed back. I'm not sure why that was necessary, and if there's one criticism I have of Elias so far it's rushing guys from injury. Bleier same thing.

Seems to be they are ok with using the majors as a place to pitch instead of rehab games. 

These guys need to pitch somewhere. Basically they are saying our major league record is not what is important this year. 

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Why disrupt a starter in the minors for one and done call up?

If they have hopes for Yefry you can make a strong argument that keeping him at AAA is more meaningful than being a long man in the majors.  

I  am pretty sure Ramirez would rather be in the O's pen then is the Norfolk rotation.  He has earned the opportunity to be in the majors.    He has to establish himself has a major leaguer and he is 25 years old.   Time to get doing it if he can.   Just because he comes to the majors in the pen does not mean he can never be a starter in the majors.

Just now, wildcard said:

I  am pretty sure Ramirez would rather be in the O's pen then is the Norfolk rotation.  He has earned the opportunity to be the majors.    He has to establish himself has a major leaguer and he is 25 years old.   Time to get doing it if he can.   Just because he comes to the majors in the pen does not mean he can never be a starter in the majors.

He’s going to get his chances, and probably pretty soon.    

11 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I  am pretty sure Ramirez would rather be in the O's pen then is the Norfolk rotation.  He has earned the opportunity to be in the majors.    He has to establish himself has a major leaguer and he is 25 years old.   Time to get doing it if he can.   Just because he comes to the majors in the pen does not mean he can never be a starter in the majors.

Why has he earned an opportunity? Because of 3 good starts at AAA? Elias is not into SSS. 

I think you are taking the wrong mindset here. They are trying to give looks to many options. There will be a ton of turnover with this staff. 

Do you really think Ramirez will never get a look this year? 

I am myself much more interested in the position players and when they get up here than the pitchers. The pitching options are for the most part dreadful. At least position player wise we have some legit options.  

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Why has he earned an opportunity? Because of 3 good starts at AAA? Elias is not into SSS. 

I think you are taking the wrong mindset here. They are trying to give looks to many options. There will be a ton of turnover with this staff. 

Do you really think Ramirez will never get a look this year? 

I am myself much more interested in the position players and when they get up here than the pitchers. The pitching options are for the most part dreadful. At least position player wise we have some legit options.  

Not that it matters but Elias is into SSS.   Hyde is giving playing time based on matchup which is SSS.  Elias has to approve that.

Morale is very important to most any ball team.  They O's have been able to maintain good morale because, for one reason,  they have  been able to stay competitive.   The best way to stay competitive is to promote the best players that are in the minors when needed.    Ramirez has shown to be one of their best AAA pitchers  so far this year.   If there is a promotion to be had  he should get it.

On the other had Elias felt Kline should begin the season at AAA.   He has not pitched well enough to earn a promotion.   And he only stayed for one game because of it.  Its much better to take a look at Kline in the majors when he is pitching well.  

I’m not sure that the pitching staff is being handled in the optimum away. Regardless of what the long-term priorities are versus the short term priorities, if there’s any major complaint I have about how the team is being handled, it is with the pitching staff. With slightly better decisions, We could’ve kept Jackson, and we could be maintaining a more versatile and probably better bullpen.

i really wish I understood the fascination with Wright. He’s had four seasons of consistent bad production to establish what he is. Unless he has some kind of exorcism, he’s just going to be bad, so why not just let him go be bad somewhere else?

Archived