The Happy Easter, Good News thread

Tony-OH

In his last 10 games (30 PAs), Richie Martin is slashing a respectable .259/.333/.370/.704.

In his last five games, Chris Davis is slashing .412/.444/.765/1.209 with 9.0 K/9 rate from mound!

In has last six games, Pedro Severino is slashing .278/.381/.667/1.048.

In his last ten games, Renato Nunez is slashing .349/.364/.674/1.038 with 4 homers and 11 RBI.

Happy Easter everyone. Enjoy your day with family and friends and thanks for being a Hangouter! Hangout nights will be announced real soon!

57 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

In his last 10 games (30 PAs), Richie Martin is slashing a respectable .259/.333/.370/.704.

In his last five games, Chris Davis is slashing .412/.444/.765/1.209 with 9.0 K/9 rate from mound!

In has last six games, Pedro Severino is slashing .278/.381/.667/1.048.

In his last ten games, Renato Nunez is slashing .349/.364/.674/1.038 with 4 homers and 11 RBI.

Happy Easter everyone. Enjoy your day with family and friends and thanks for being a Hangouter! Hangout nights will be announced real soon!

Great post, thank you.

Er ist aufgestanden!

34 minutes ago, BarclaySouthway said:

The new radio play-by-play man Kevin Brown has been good.  And the former O's they have doing the color (Gregg Olsen this weekend) have been excellent.

I’m going to have to figure out how to sync up the MASN feed with the radio broadcast when it’s a Hunter and Bordick game like today.

1 hour ago, BarclaySouthway said:

The new radio play-by-play man Kevin Brown has been good.  And the former O's they have doing the color (Gregg Olsen this weekend) have been excellent.

I listened to every inning this weekend on the radio.  Brown and son we're excellent together.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

I listened to every inning this weekend on the radio.  Brown and son we're excellent together.

Brown’s voice is generic, his language is plain, and he’s neither insightful nor interesting.  I don’t know what they were seeking but I cannot fathom being unable to find someone better.

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

Brown’s voice is generic, his language is plain, and he’s neither insightful nor interesting.  I don’t know what they were seeking but I cannot fathom being unable to find someone better.

Agree about the generic voice, but otherwise he had a nice rapport with Olson and did a good job describing the action.    Gotta give the rookie a chance to settle in and develop his style.  

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Agree about the generic voice, but otherwise he had a nice rapport with Olson and did a good job describing the action.    Gotta give the rookie a chance to settle in and develop his style.  

Yes,I have to listen to him or no one, so I might as well get used to it. But I wish he would develop his vocabulary, phrasing, vocal inflections, and learn more about the game.

Eric Nadel of the Rangers makes a point of listening to old broadcasts so he can pick up interesting phrases. One such was, “...he first saw the light of day” when referring to when someone was born. Nadel worked that and many other such phrases, into his regular delivery, which keeps the talk interesting. I learned that kind of thing from my father, who was incredibly well read, so I do stuff like that all the time. Brown doesn’t, and he is just incredibly boring to listen to. He has limited vocabulary(how many different ways can you describe “hit”?) and a boring delivery.

He and Olson(?) did get along fine, but that’s a minor benefit.

Archived