The Silver Lining Report: Game 26/162 (O's win 4-3)

interloper

Nice win!

• ?John Means: No one can figure this guy out and it's hilarious. The changeup remains legit and mystifying and the fastball touched 95 (!) in his last inning. If he gets a little more pitch-efficient, look out. Dropped a few curves in there for strikes, which is going to be important for him. What's not to like?

• Stevie Wilkerson: Stevie hits his first ML dinger after the umps decide he was NOT hit by a pitch. Thanks for the review challenge, White Sox! Crucially, this would be the deciding run. 

• Renato Nunez: Back-to-back doubles from Smith and Nunez scored the Orioles' first run. Renato really gave it a ride and hit it beyond the CFer. Also - really nice diving play at 1B in the 7th! Love that. 

• Rio Ruiz: Opposite field single scored the aforementioned Nunez. Just a solid little piece of hitting right there.

• Joey Rickard: Triple!

• Hanser Alberto: Really nice extended AB and then drove a POFO sac fly to deep LF to drive in Rickard. 

• Evan Phillips: Bent but didn't break and got out of a pretty critical jam. Could have been a lot worse, so in that regard, nicely done.

• Paul Fry: Was Paul Fry. 1.1 IP, 0 ER. 

• Mychal Givens: The 2-inning save, his first of the year. Wasn't a dominant outing, but he got it done thanks in part to...

• Richie Martin: ...and his outstanding play in the shift to end the game. An A+ shortstop type of play from a guy who didn't play all game. 

• HOME WIN

• SERIES WIN

Enjoy the off day! Maybe there will be a roster move to talk about.

6 hours ago, interloper said:

• Evan Phillips: Bent but didn't break and got out of a pretty critical jam. Could have been a lot worse, so in that regard, nicely done.

• Paul Fry: Was Paul Fry. 1.1 IP, 0 ER.

I think it was Fry who got Phillips out of his jam.  Phillips left with the bases loaded and two out, having allowed a run on a one-out HBP with the bases loaded.   He did manage to strike out the next batter before giving way to Fry.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I think it was Fry who got Phillips out of his jam.  Phillips left with the bases loaded and two out, having allowed a run on a one-out HBP with the bases loaded.   He did manage to strike out the next batter before giving way to Fry.   

I think you are correct. 

I like Fry. He's a dude. 

Archived