Chicago just DFA-ed Santana

HowAboutThat

8 minutes ago, Philip said:

Are we interested? I have no idea whether he’s any good, but it would be hard to be worse than what we have.

I don’t know how to answer that question. There are posters that have more knowledge about him than I do.

Of course we should. Our trade commodities are few (Cobb has sliced through the lowest of expectations)so any hope on getting one, you take it. People really think that pieces on this team will be part of some great dynasty? Please. This will be a very long rebuild.

33 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Of course we should. Our trade commodities are few (Cobb has sliced through the lowest of expectations)so any hope on getting one, you take it. People really think that pieces on this team will be part of some great dynasty? Please. This will be a very long rebuild.

Santana will not be a trade commodity. The White Sox need starting pitching if they are cutting Santana it’s not a good sign.  

If I thought he could eat some innings I’d be for it, but he is just another pitcher that will result in Sucre coming in to pitch at the end of the game. 

38 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I agree about the length of the rebuild. This is going to be a generational type rebuild. There's literally no help on the pitching side in the minors that is close.

Archived