O's forced to bring up an outfielder?

wildcard

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Right.   I changed the title.  The point has been made that Davis or Alberto could play the outfield.  I guess that is true.  I do think they have to bring a position player up if Mancini can't play.  I don't see them going with a two man bench.

I agree.   I thought they might go to a 4 man bench once they hit Thursday's off day but I was wrong.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Right.   I changed the title.  The point has been made that Davis or Alberto could play the outfield.  I guess that is true.  I do think they have to bring a position player up if Mancini can't play.  I don't see them going with a two man bench.

We don't know if Hyde treats injured players the same way Buck did yet.

Buck would keep a hurt player on the 25 for eight days if he thought he'd be able to play games nine and 10.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

The topic of the thread is they are force to bring up an outfielder.

Yes,  and I do not want to hijack the thread, but one of the other comments was that the manager had said they would probably bring up an arm. If they bring up an outfielder, it will have to be whoever is hitting best, because as much as I love our improved defense, without Mancini we are a daily no-hit alert.

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Certainly not hard to find a pitcher I wouldn't mind seeing headed to Norfolk.

I think Mason WIlliams could be the one to come up.  He plays center, and we basically have RIckard there without a true backup.   

I would do that if this is a DL situation. For a short term move, you wouldn't want to call him up and add him to the 40 man only to lose him a couple of days later.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I would do that if this is a DL situation. For a short term move, you wouldn't want to call him up and add him to the 40 man only to lose him a couple of days later.

True, had not thought of that.

Let's say we bring some one up to add to the bench and we then get rained out of two of three games in Chicago,  would that be a wasted move.  I think they shuttle both a pitcher and OF to Chicago just in case but wait until the Weather, Mancini being able to play, and a double header 26th player comes into play.

I don’t think it matter who they put out there in the outfield the only difference is they get a better view watching the ball go over the fence.  Unless they start letting one of outfielders play over the fence they won’t see much action.

22 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I don’t think it matter who they put out there in the outfield the only difference is they get a better view watching the ball go over the fence.  Unless they start letting one of outfielders play over the fence they won’t see much action.

Imagine if that's what our young outfielders in Bowie and Norfolk are thinking.

6 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Roch reported Branden Kline will be joining the Orioles in Minnesota. No mention of other moves.

Maybe they figure that an extra OF would only come into play if he sat in the bleachers.

7 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Roch reported Branden Kline will be joining the Orioles in Minnesota. No mention of other moves.

If Kline is being recalled then their must be someone going on the IL.  Kline was optioned of the 21st and should not be eligible for return for 10 days unless their is an injury.

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

If Kline is being recalled then their must be someone going on the IL.  Kline was optioned of the 21st and should not be eligible for return for 10 days unless their is an injury.

Wasn't Kline the 26th man for the double header and sent down right after? I thought that exempted him from the 10-day rule.

Archived