Flurry of roster moves including DFA of Sucre

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, TouchemAll said:

I don't want to see Cobb again till this dude is 100%

Agree.   Wasted salary unless he can find his form and become valuable in a trade.   Hope he takes his time and gets healthy.  

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miss a weekend of baseball of the Orioles this year and 1/5 of the roster is different when you come back.

The sad thing is that this is not rock bottom, but we’re getting pretty darn close. Once we trade Givens and Villar, we are who we are, until we start competing again. However long that takes. 

13 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Well Cobb has taken his time the past 14 months with the Orioles. Why hurry up things now. 

wait, I remember reading in OH that Dempsey is a clown, a buffoon and doesnt understand the game of baseball. :) :) :)

LOL

Maybe that OP was wrong. :)

22 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

The Orioles made a flurry of moves after another crushing defeat by the Twins yesterday.

Moves:
DFA Catcher Jesus Sucre and promote Austin Wynns: Now that Wynns is healthy, this makes sense. Sucre just can't hit major league pitcher and his defense while good, was not a difference maker. Wynns is solid defensively and the best hitter of the options.

Demote Jimmy Yacobonis
Place Alex Cobb on IL
Promote Luis Ortiz and Brandon Kline from Norfolk

Analysis: Neither Ortiz or Kline have thrown the ball well this year but both are healthy and able to take some innings. Yacobonis' command has been pretty bad and after throwing BP to the Twins yesterday, it was probably time to give him some more AAA time. It was Ortiz's turn to pitch and with Bundy on the mound against the Twins, they might need some length in the pen.

Sucre being DFAed does that mean he is being sent to the minors or released? I get confused about that. 

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Miss a weekend of baseball of the Orioles this year and 1/5 of the roster is different when you come back.

The sad thing is that this is not rock bottom, but we’re getting pretty darn close. Once we trade Givens and Villar, we are who we are, until we start competing again. However long that takes. 

Me too, down at Lake Anna. Lot of catching up to do this morning. I like Seve, ditching Sucre seems to be a good move.

4 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Sucre being DFAed does that mean he is being sent to the minors or released? I get confused about that. 

Released. I believe they have 10 days to try to trade him and get something for him... maybe cash considerations? But he's definitely gone.

5 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Designated for Assignment. If no other team wants him, and he is willing to goto AAA, they can then assignment, if not he becomes a FA.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

Designated for Assignment. If no other team wants him, and he is willing to goto AAA, they can then assignment, if not he becomes a FA.

Oh I see. Thank you. BTW. How did your Redskins do in the NFL Draft? 

Archived