SO: 11

BB: 6

H: 10

HR: 2

FIP. 6.61

ERA: 7.11

Total career innings at the AAA level: 14.1

?‍♂️

Shouldn't he still be in Norfolk developing, if that it is in fact the plan? Surely we can use some other lefty as cannon fodder for awhile while he gets more innings at AAA. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

You think they can afford to let a relief pitcher on the 40 sit at Norfolk?

Why not? Yefry was down there until today. Tate's down there. Ortiz. Yacabonis just got sent down. We just added a pitcher to the 40-man in Armstrong. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

At some point they will be up or off the 40.

I'm still not seeing a compelling reason why he shouldn't be getting some more seasoning at AAA. There are plenty of lesser arms we can use in our quest to simultaneously tank and develop prospects properly. 

Perhaps this is a moot point anyway considering the short bench. He could be the next guy sent down. Or Karns or Bleier could eventually replace. 

In the meantime, though, he's getting absolutely pounded and letting a million dudes on base. 

1 hour ago, interloper said:

My argument here is that Scott is supposed to be one of the better relief prospects in the system. I don't think he's fully cooked. But I'm open to being proven wrong. Just think it's kind of curious. 

I'd say he's not so much getting "cooked" as "smoked".

1 hour ago, interloper said:

My argument here is that Scott is supposed to be one of the better relief prospects in the system. I don't think he's fully cooked. But I'm open to being proven wrong. Just think it's kind of curious. 

Ortiz was sent down for Ramirez.

Either Scott or Castro are likely to go down to make room for Armstrong.

3 hours ago, interloper said:

I'm still not seeing a compelling reason why he shouldn't be getting some more seasoning at AAA. There are plenty of lesser arms we can use in our quest to simultaneously tank and develop prospects properly. 

I agree.  And i think he can get much better than he has shown...

Archived