Manny a Dodger?

blueberryale77

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So - how long before Torre and Manny are going at it? If Tito couldn't take him....

Well, Francona got through 4 1/2 years & 2 World Series titles with Manny, so something tells me Torre'll do just fine.

I'm glad Manny's out of the AL East so I can root for him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Not Tony, but he’s going to start out on one of the DSL teams again.  Was hoping maybe he’d start at FCL. Maybe he lights up DSL and only has a short stay in the Dominican?
    • He's accepted an option before when he was struggling iirc, but they can't just option him, he has to agree and he probably would, he's always been a team guy. Nothing changes with his pay.
    • I don’t disagree. You could make a lot of cases for or against acceptable production (or lack thereof) based of player level and respective age. I simply don’t think this player is a must keep as many are insinuating. Luckily we’re all just armchair GMs and can hazard guesses and opinions all day long without real repercussion. 
    • In September, we'll look back at this as the low point of the season. I'm watching the A's and Rockies in the 12th inning right now and these are some bad offenses.   Although - there are several Oakland pitchers I would love to have in the Baltimore bull pen. 
    • Well I didn’t realize that.  I just read he had options.  I would at least say look if he agrees to go down he will at least play.  I don’t know what his pay structure is if he chooses to be optioned.  If it results in a pay cut then I wouldn’t do it in that case.  
    • @Tony-OH do we know anything about why Liranzo hasn’t played in a game at an affiliate this season? I haven’t seen anything indicating that he is injured. If Liranzo is not injured, it seems odd that he wouldn’t be playing given the positive press he has received here and elsewhere.
    • Big kid for a catcher. Has pop, stance reminds me a little of O’Hearn. No idea how he is defensively but this guy looks to be every part of a backup catcher someday until Basallo makes his way through the minors. Excellent trade for both teams.
  • Popular Contributors