Penn's start tonight

Triple Crown

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm looking forward to seeing either Penn or Bergeson called up. :clap3:

Anyone got an update?

Penn pulled after 2 outs in the first inning. 3 hits, 1 walk and one guy reached on an error from Bynum. 31 pitches, 3 runs (1 earned).

I'm looking forward to seeing either Penn or Bergeson called up. :clap3:

Anyone got an update?

After 31 Pitches, .2 IP 3 H 1BB 0 K 3 R 1 ER Mr. Hayden Penn is done. Bynum did not help tonight, throwing away the third out and allowing 2 runs to come in. See you in Baltimore Mr. Penn!

Penn pulled after 2 outs in the first inning. 3 hits, 1 walk and one guy reached on an error from Bynum. 31 pitches, 3 runs (1 earned).
After 31 Pitches, .2 IP 3 H 1BB 0 K 3 R 1 ER Mr. Hayden Penn is done. Bynum did not help tonight, throwing away the third out and allowing 2 runs to come in. See you in Baltimore Mr. Penn!

Ugh, Rough way for Penn to end his time at Norfolk. :(

Thanks for the information, fellas.

I agree. It looks like it will be Penn. Looks like an exercise in futility if you ask me. He doesn't look to be ready. He had one really good start and one decent one amid a bunch of sub par efforts. He's not ready. Maybe he never will be but I don't see the point in calling him up now.

Have to agree with this. I'd have used the rest of this year purely to see if he can build his arm strength back to what it once was. I'm surprised no one has considered Berken for a call up.

It won't be Bergesen, as he has worked too far into the game to make a call-up feasible.

It shouldn't be Penn, who has strung together a series of performances that amost look like a cry for help. (Okay, that was a bit over-dramatic. But he has not pitched well for any extended stretch.)

It makes no sense to add Berken to the 40-man this year.

The safest bet is to start Cormier, call up Cherry for the pen, and tread water for the next week until this thing gains greater clarity.

I was listening to part of the Tides radio broadcast and the announcer mentioned that Penn was hit by part of a broken bat by the first batter he faced but they weren't sure if he was pulled for an injury or he was on a pitch count...

The info I got is Hayden got hit by a piece of broken bat on the second pitch of the game and they stopped the game for about 10 minutes to get the bleeding stopped. He went back out and gave up the dinger and a couple of hits, when Bynum threw the third out away they went ahead and pulled him. After he was pulled he went and got 7 stitches to close up the wound.

If he didn't have bad luck, well you know the saying.

If Hayden misses his chance for a call-up due to a splintered bat, it might be one of the most amazing stories in O's minor league history.

I guarantee one thing, not one player better sit or stand near Penn if lightning is in the vicinity. The dude is currently cursed.

Archived