Penn's start tonight

Triple Crown

If Hayden misses his chance for a call-up due to a splintered bat, it might be one of the most amazing stories in O's minor league history.

I guarantee one thing, not one player better sit or stand near Penn if lightning is in the vicinity. The dude is currently cursed.

Well.... it's been a while since I've seen an Orioles pitching prospect that WASN'T cursed. So this was pretty much expected imo.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Hayden misses his chance for a call-up due to a splintered bat, it might be one of the most amazing stories in O's minor league history.

I guarantee one thing, not one player better sit or stand near Penn if lightning is in the vicinity. The dude is currently cursed.

Look at the bright side -- it didn't rupture his missing appendix.

Penn is pitching tonight for Norfolk. He's doing very well.

4.0 3h 0r 0er 2k 0bb

Since his injury what has his velocity been like? I know that when he was younger he could crank it up to 95mph. Does anyone know what he consistently hits these days?

Waters better impress or I can't imagine a way that he'd get another turn in the rotation with the way Haydens been going about business.

Penn is pitching tonight for Norfolk. He's doing very well.

4.0 3h 0r 0er 2k 0bb

Since his injury what has his velocity been like? I know that when he was younger he could crank it up to 95mph. Does anyone know what he consistently hits these days?

Waters better impress or I can't imagine a way that he'd get another turn in the rotation with the way Haydens been going about business.

Last I saw him, about a month ago, he was around 91-93 mph.

I find it odd that Penn got pulled after 5 innings and only 62 pitches. Are the O's saving him for something?

If Olson goes Weds, Guthrie Fri, Cabrera Sat, does that mean Penn Sun?

That could easily be the case.

Dont forget that he threw 32 pitches Saturday night so while he didnt exert himself too much, this was still a side session day so you dont want to push him too much.

They were probably amazed he made it through a game before a promotion without getting hurt.

I find it odd that Penn got pulled after 5 innings and only 62 pitches. Are the O's saving him for something?

If Olson goes Weds, Guthrie Fri, Cabrera Sat, does that mean Penn Sun?

I think you are on to something. I really want to see him pitch again in the majors. Something tells me this guy has really gotten a bad rap. The weird injuries just before an obvious promotion. Leaving his bag behind before a spring training game. Etc. Etc.

I don't think some of you may realize the torture that has put him thru. He gets brought up to the majors before he was probably ready. The guy was realizing his dream at such a young age. Everytime he seems close to getting back after his injury's something else happens. How can't anyone on here realize how excited he probably was to be starting a spring training game, a chance to show everyone he is ready to get back to the bigs, and walk off without his bag. It sounds stupid but I could see myself doing something like that.

Their has never been any indication that this guy is not a hard worker. He is trying to get back to where he was, a phenom in the show at 20 years old.

I'm pulling for the guy. I really hope Sunday he gets a shot and allows everyone to forget the last couple of years.

I think you are on to something. I really want to see him pitch again in the majors. Something tells me this guy has really gotten a bad rap. The weird injuries just before an obvious promotion. Leaving his bag behind before a spring training game. Etc. Etc.

I don't think some of you may realize the torture that has put him thru. He gets brought up to the majors before he was probably ready. The guy was realizing his dream at such a young age. Everytime he seems close to getting back after his injury's something else happens. How can't anyone on here realize how excited he probably was to be starting a spring training game, a chance to show everyone he is ready to get back to the bigs, and walk off without his bag. It sounds stupid but I could see myself doing something like that.

Their has never been any indication that this guy is not a hard worker. He is trying to get back to where he was, a phenom in the show at 20 years old.

I'm pulling for the guy. I really hope Sunday he gets a shot and allows everyone to forget the last couple of years.

Amen. I really hope he gets another shot at the bigs, Sunday is good.

He still touches 94 and it sounds like his curve is back to fine form. He gets a bad rep for not being a gamer, but he's had some serious injuries over his career. I still see him being a fine #4 man behind D-Cab for years to come.

And he only threw 17 balls. Nice start by Penn.

He pretty much has to start in BMore next. Waters isn't good and Sarfate is clearly not a starter.

I have to say that Waters' first inning was pretty impressive. 8 pitches with 7 strikes.

He may be a flash in the pan right now but I will gladly take that.

People forget how good Penn was. He was Chris Tillman good at the same age. He dominated AAA as a 21 year old. Then the wheels fell off the bus. I really hope the guy can have a few things go his way for once. We sure could use him...

Archived