How much longer do we have to wait?

caljr

Please tell me you can tell the difference between these scenarios?

Salazar is 30 years old, he's not a prospect, He can only play 1B adequatley, there was no place for him here.

Wieters is probably the #1 prospect in baseball, he's 22, when he comes up it will be as an everyday player. I guarantee it.

Montanez falls somewhere in the middle of Salazar and Wieters. He's 26 and this is his 3rd turn at AA. I think he is viewed by the organization as a 4th OF.

My point is that we need to move Payton, Ramon, & Mora. Until we move a starter Trembley will play the veterans.

I undertsand that when Wieters gets here he will play. But again why rush him theres no need.

Salazar should have been given a chance to play with Millar hitting less than

250. Remember Scott developed late...Isn't it at least possible that Salazar could be a similar guy?

Montanez also should prove he can play at AAA before being called up. The idea of having guys skip AAA & come to the majors is a mistake that the Orioles have made for too long.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My point is that we need to move Payton, Ramon, & Mora. Until we move a starter Trembley will play the veterans.

I undertsand that when Wieters gets here he will play. But again why rush him theres no need.

Salazar should have been given a chance to play with Millar hitting less than

250. Remember Scott developed late...Isn't it at least possible that Salazar could be a similar guy?

Montanez also should prove he can play at AAA before being called up. The idea of having guys skip AAA & come to the majors is a mistake that the Orioles have made for too long.

Trembley isn't the one who signed Millar, Payton, Mora, and Ramon. The FO is trying to move these guys, the problem is nobody wants them.

Salazar isn't likely to match Millar's production. He can only hit LHP. He could be a valuable bat off of the bench, but there's no room since we are carrying 13 pitchers. Scott's minor league numbers are also way better than Salazar's and he was younger when he put them up.

I disagree about skipping AAA. I forget who said it (maybe Stockstill), that the pitching is better in the Eastern League this year than in the International League. Markakis skipped AAA and he turned out fine.

David Price is going to get called up and he is a pitcher. Yes, the same price that was drafted last year, just as Wieters was and who also didn't debut until this season.

And yes, i know the Rays are in contention and need him but us getting Wieters' feet wet is very important as well.

And this is the Rays team that blew it by not calling up Longoria to start the season.

Archived