August 5th @ LAA, Waters ML debut

Big Mac

Shut out!

But I still don't like pulling Waters and inserting GS. THe only thing I can think of (aside from an injury or Waters telling DT he was spent) is that DT didn't want him going one more time against Vlad, Tex, and possibly Hunter.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, little black and yellow things that might sting you if you swat at them, I'm sure they have them in Florida. :D;)

Also, wore #1 and was a stud lead-off hitter for the O's... 35 years ago.

Yes! O's win, and Waters even flips his bill up. Nice job.

Did Markakis really have a chance to get Guerrero's liner back in the second? Because if he did, he would have had a very good chance at becoming the next Bumpus Jones.

You know, eb45, when I saw it live, I was wondering the same thing. He would have had to dive, and even then, I'm not sure he comes up with it. He might have gotten a bad read off the bat and didn't want to risk turning a bloop single into a two or three bagger so early in the game

Waters goes 5IP, 3ER I hope.

After seeing him pitch a bunch of games last year, I would have thought that was optimistic. Or if he did go five with three earned runs, that he might have five or six walks.

I'm sure those guys in the bullpen enjoyed getting the night off (except for Sherrill).

My favorite part of this game story about Waters totally dominating the Halos:

When asked if Waters was going to get another start, Trembley said: “That’s like asking if on Halloween, they’re going to have Trick or Treat.”

"Uh, I take it that's a 'yes'."

Archived