Adam Stauffer

DirtyBird

7 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Sounds like he has picked up a few ticks on his fastball since being drafted.

Body comp has improved as has his mechanics.

The fun thing with Stauffer is he really fits the type of pitcher that the Astros did wonders with under Lunhow, Elias, Holt, and Sig. 

High 3/4 slot, backspin fastball, 12-6 curve, extension, size. 

That Tri-cities lineup was no joke either, it was loaded with college performers. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Body comp has improved as has his mechanics.

The fun thing with Stauffer is he really fits the type of pitcher that the Astros did wonders with under Lunhow, Elias, Holt, and Sig. 

High 3/4 slot, backspin fastball, 12-6 curve, extension, size. 

That Tri-cities lineup was no joke either, it was loaded with college performers. 

Does he crack a 2020 Orioles prospect list?

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Does he crack a 2020 Orioles prospect list?

I’d like to get more velocity data on him and he’ll have to continue to repeat his mechanics (which isn’t a given for a 6’7” guy), but he’ll be on my midseason top 50 and could crack the top 30 by the end of the year depending on FB velocity and changeup quality. Performance in the NY/Penn league is interesting for a 20 year old, but I’m not going to get carried away by the performance stats.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

4 innings, 6 k's, 0 walks, only 2 hits (neither were extra base hits.)

Lost his command in the 4th, but the fastball really jumps on guys, so he was able to induce two pop ups on 3-1 fastballs on the plate against lefties. Lots of lefties in the lineup so he never really got the feel for the curveball like he's had in previous starts. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Definitely one of the guys I got targeted to go watch live in July or August. I wish the Aberdeen announcers would give me velocity data once in awhile.

I know there were some fastballs at 89, 90, and 91 in one of his earlier starts, I'm not sure where those fit in his range, but they were from the end of the outing. Leonardo Rodriguez was 92-96 earlier for Aberdeen, but it's a slinging action without much extension or deception. Stauffer's fastball plays better. 

Although it's a tough angle to see movement, Stauffer gets a ton of swings and misses on his fastball and changeup. He tends to miss armside when he doesn't finish, but he showed decent control of his fastball and changeup. Worth keeping an eye on.