vs. D-RAYS, 7/12

OFFNY

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SteveA said:

This is pathetic.

Of their last two batters... one hit a bloop single and one hit a routine grounder.   And they have a run in and a man on.

Villar is just maddening. Makes a lot of silly plays. 

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I wish Villar gets traded to not see him make mistakes every other game. 

If I was a contender he would worry me with that glove. 

He is the kind of player that could win a LCS MVP or make 4 silly defensive plays that cost his team the series.  

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He is the kind of player that could win a LCS MVP or make 4 silly defensive plays that cost his team the series.  

That's what worries me about being able to trade Villar. Teams might be hesitant because Villar could easily swing a playoff series with one of his gaffes. 

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Exactly how I feel. Base running too. That delayed steal from 2nd to 3rd on the bloop throw from the catcher was a great heads up play, but he makes boneheaded plays too often.

Just now, spiritof66 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the silver linings from this game. Orioles other than Villar played errorless ball? Bundy gave up just one HR? Orioles didn't make any outs on the basepaths (that I saw)?

Orioles still have three more turns at bat.

They’ve avoided a shutout. That’s all I got. 

13 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That's what worries me about being able to trade Villar. Teams might be hesitant because Villar could easily swing a playoff series with one of his gaffes. 

Villar does a lot better playing 2B, though he's made plenty of errors (6) there. He's just not a ML-quality SS. I think a new team could cut down on his baserunning gaffes by telling him not to steal or try for extra bases on his own. I think 's Hyde's promotion of aggressiveness on the bases has backfired with Villar.

Archived