Wieters At It Again

Lucky Jim

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow Wieters is a man-beast! Just stopped by to check on Bowie's boxscore and he is already 1-1 with a 2b and a walk. I am starting to imagine him as a Pujols who plays catcher.

This thread should be a sticky.

I was just going to post this. BA at .370 now.

Wow Wieters is a man-beast! Just stopped by to check on Bowie's boxscore and he is already 1-1 with a 2b and a walk. I am starting to imagine him as a Pujols who plays catcher.

I know what you mean. When he was drafted some people compared him to Jason Varitek, in part because they both played at Georgia Tech I guess. But what he has done offensively this year has really changed a lot of opinions I would think

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Not his play. That's amazing.

What's ridiculous is that the Orioles haven't let him come up and play yet. All the contract talk, experience talk, and bs aside, this man is the best catcher in the organization. There's no excuse for not having him in the bigs right now.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Not his play. That's amazing.

What's ridiculous is that the Orioles haven't let him come up and play yet. All the contract talk, experience talk, and bs aside, this man is the best catcher in the organization. There's no excuse for not having him in the bigs right now.

The Orioles can afford to wait. Also he is in a great Pennant race in Bowie right now. It will be good experience for him to get into AA post season. And feel the pressure of must win games.

Anyway he can come up mid September if they really want him to have a cup of coffee this year.

Also we might be trying to move Ramon before the August 31 deadline. Ramon needs playing time to hopefully get hot and boost his value.

Archived