Wieters At It Again

Lucky Jim

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After tonight's game, Wieters now has a ridiculous line of .368/.463/.647 (1.110 OPS).

He has also only K'd 19 times in 133 AB's and has walked 9 times more than he has K'd.

It's just not fair to the Eastern League Pitchers to keep Wieters down there. He is too advanced for them and is harming their development.:D

I saw the game in person. He looked great. Batting right handed he hit one out the opposite way. He then batted left handed and pulled a shot about fifty feet from the right field pole. Last time up he almost had a grand slam but had to settle with a Sac Fly. Imagine the pressure on MacPhail if he had 3 homeruns tonight and nine RBI. Instead he just got six RBI.

Wieters lets the ball come to him. He hits alot of stuff the opposite way. I have seen 3 homeruns go out the opposite way this year.

I was at tonight's game. His first homer was hit from the right side and was launched out to right center. His second came from the left side of the plate. He seemed to be out in front of the pitch and hit it out to right with one hand. And just a note, he finished the game with a sac fly, but it was about 5 feet from being a grand slam...

With all due respect to David Price, he is probably the number one prospect in baseball. He's going to be a very good player for a long, long time.

Since Price is a pitcher, probably, especially if you believe in TINSTAAPP. That said, an 11-0 record and 1.87 ERA isn't too shabby, either. The guy touches 99 MPH with his heater and has a devestating slider. With Kershaw probably expiring his prospect status, it's going to come down to Price and Wieters for the top spot. I'd give it to Wieters, but it's close.

Unreal.

Do you guys think it's premature to get Wieters on the back of my "Baltimore" road jersey when they start selling them next season? :laughlol:

I would recommend against it. My buddy did the same thing a couple years ago with his team's can't miss prospect. MARK PRIOR.

Wieters is just a joy to follow. It is so promising for the O's to finally have a undisputed can't miss type guy. I think he has a real chance to be a mega star. His continued development at a position that the offensive expected output is so low really will give the O's a huge advantage over the long term.

BTW has anyone looked at how dissapointing Beckham's first taste of pro ball has been for TB? I am really surprised that at such a low level Beckham has been that bad offensively. No power, no hits, not many walks and alot of K's.

Wieters is just a joy to follow. It is so promising for the O's to finally have a undisputed can't miss type guy. I think he has a real chance to be a mega star. His continued development at a position that the offensive expected output is so low really will give the O's a huge advantage over the long term.

BTW has anyone looked at how dissapointing Beckham's first taste of pro ball has been for TB? I am really surprised that at such a low level Beckham has been that bad offensively. No power, no hits, not many walks and alot of K's.

Beckham started off absolutely horribly, so he's actually picked up the pace a bunch lately. Just two weeks ago he was hitting .180, and now he's up to .239. As an aside, Jeter hit only .202 in his first year of pro ball.

I'm just glad we signed the guy. I mean how close were we to losing him?? That would have been horrible!

really makes the case for doing what it takes to get these picks signed and in house. i mean how much more risk is a 1st round pick, versus a 34yr pitcher with a history of injuries and a 4.5+ ERA...

Tonight he hit his first triple of the season and also had a double going 2-4 with 2 RBI and a K.

Man I finally got why they are keeping him in the minors. They have told him you look pretty good but you have to work on hitting triples. They want him to be a complete hitter. :eektf::D

Archived