Anatomy of our 12-11 run

Frobby

On June 27th, the Orioles had a 3-25 record in games decided by 5+ runs.  Since then, they are 8-6 in such games.

The stretch began with the most lopsided consecutive shutout wins in MLB history on 6/28-29 and included the longest streak of consecutive multi-HR games in MLB history.

Fans of the 1916 Giants could probably relate, but they are all gone now.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Filmstudy said:

On June 27th, the Orioles had a 3-25 record in games decided by 5+ runs.  Since then, they are 8-6 in such games.

The stretch began with the most lopsided consecutive shutout wins in MLB history on 6/28-29 and included the longest streak of consecutive multi-HR games in MLB history.

Fans of the 1916 Giants could probably relate, but they are all gone now.

it looks like the first person might be a Cubs fan ,maybe one of the others was a Giant fan.

http://www.oldest.org/people/living-people-usa/

1 minute ago, fansince1988 said:

What exactly is THE plan? 1-2, 1-3 is very good, I agree. I'm just trying to figure out what the plan is.

I don't think the plan revolves around getting a particular draft pick.  It revolves around fielding an inexpensive team while the guys in the minors develop.

The poor record is a byproduct of the plan, not the goal.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Disappointed to break even with Toronto. I thought for sure we'd sweep the floor with them. But on the positive side, that's now 6 non-losing series out of the last 8. And we've maintained a winning record for the better part of a month, so that's incredibly encouraging.

Edited by Curse of the Bamdino

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think the plan revolves around getting a particular draft pick.  It revolves around fielding an inexpensive team while the guys in the minors develop.

The poor record is a byproduct of the plan, not the goal.

What is the goal? I checked the attendance yesterday, we are now two spots from dead last. How much longer can we wait?

http://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

4 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

What is the goal? I checked the attendance yesterday, we are now two spots from dead last. How much longer can we wait?

http://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

For this season or going forward?

If you mean this season I explained it in the bit you just quoted.

If it is the overriding goal it's to put forth a perennially competitive team with a strong farm system. (and hopefully win a ring)