The Death March begins

SteveA

August Death March: What will the Orioles' record be?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How will the Orioles do in the next 22 games, 19 of which are against some of the best teams in MLB?

• 0-22 or 1-21
    • 2-20 or 3-19
    • 4-18
    • 5-17
    • 6-16
    • 7-15
    • 8-14
    • 9-13
    • 10-12
    • 11-11 or better

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/19 at 23:45

On 8/25/2019 at 4:14 PM, OFFNY said:

The Orioles followed that up by splitting a 4-game series with the playoff-hungry Rays.

They are 4-2 over their last 6 games.

o

That was also the Orioles' first winning home-stand of the season ........ they went 4-3 overall against the Royals and the Rays this past week.

SOURCE: Roch Kubatko

Orioles will Try to Avoid Hard Fall on Trip to D.C.

(By Roch Kubatko)

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/08/orioles-will-try-to-avoid-hard-fall-on-trip-to-dc.html

o

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Orioles have won 3 consecutive games against playoff-hungry teams (2 against the Rays, 1 against the Nationals.)

Tomorrow night's game against the Nationals will be the final of the 22-game Death March.

o

3 hours ago, OFFNY said:

By the way, congratulations in advance to those who picked the Orioles to go either 6-16 or 7-15 (tonight's game with the Nationals pending) during the Death March.

o

I was too optimistic at 8-14.    I hindsight, I should have known better, but I was experiencing irrational exuberance in the wake of our 15-15 run.    

And the winner is:

6-16

11 out of 52 people chose the right answer.

11 people had us doing worse.

30 people has us doing better.

So as a group we were definitely a bit too optimistic.

The schedule is very easy the rest of the way.  Lots of games against very bad teams.  Only 3 series vs winning teams:

3 at Tampa next week (that could be relocated due to the impending hurricane)

3 vs the Dodgers the week after (and LA really doesn't have much left to play for)

3 to end the season in Boston, and it is quite possible the Sox will be eliminated by then.

I think we have a very good chance of posting a winning record or close to it over the final 29 games.

Archived