Why did Davis go after Hyde? He was not happy.

Snutchy

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This 100 times over. Hyde has been absolutely fantastic in a tough role. the guy has been a winner most of his life and is dealing with a AAA pitching staff that is getting murdered night in and night out, meanwhile his overpaid prima donna superstar is out there dogging it on the field. 

I'd think less of him if he didn't call him out. I'm elated to see him actually take action when he saw a problem. 

Orioles fans should be charging Hyde when he writes Davis name in the lineup. He should not be on this team and I hope this incident is what finally gets ownership to allow Elias to release him.

So Hyde is doing a great job...but he still makes the line ups.. makes no sense. Has very little experience managing in the bigs. As a manager you need to know how to deal with prima donnas.

I am sure the Os will eat the Davis deal in the off season if they can get rid of him by winter meetings.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Doesn't matter which team or which firstbaseman, no manager is justified in attacking a player for missing a throwing error. I can't even recall seeing a manager attack a firstbaseman for missing a scoop until Hyde.

Last night proved to me what I had been thinking all along: whenever the Orioles are playoff contenders again, Hyde will not be in the organization. Hyde is a placeholder only, like nearly all of the 25-man roster.

I think I finally understand the proper use of the burning trash in dumpster GIF. This is quite possibly the worst take I've ever seen on this message board. 

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

I assume there hasn't been any video of Davis' defensive plays leading up to this? I missed the game so didn't see any of the lazy plays. I have no problem with Hyde going after him if he was dogging it. It is what he should do. Would be fine with a straight release today it is time.

11 minutes ago, BradyBunch said:

I am criticizing him of saying something in the dugout. Davis is the senior veteran on the team. Hyde and Davis coulda gone down the stairs and Hyde could say his point. But he decided to embarrass Davis in front of the dugout. 

You ever see Davis get worked up like that..Buck was hard nosed and straight to the point. You don't think Buck criticized players in his office.. 

I am sure Hyde will apologize to Veterans on the team. You had two who help stop it.

I'd just like to add a thousand eyes rolls to the comment.

If you think Hyde is going to apologize to the veterans you have no understanding of leadership.

This is Davis fanboy thinking. 

Hyde was 100% in the right and he's shown to be an outstanding leaders who is not afraid to call out BS when he sees it, regardless of the player.

3 minutes ago, BradyBunch said:

So Hyde is doing a great job...but he still makes the line ups.. makes no sense. Has very little experience managing in the bigs. As a manager you need to know how to deal with prima donnas.

I am sure the Os will eat the Davis deal in the off season if they can get rid of him by winter meetings.

Chris Davis hasn't earned the right to be a prima donna. He should be eating crow for the rest of his career. 

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think I finally understand the proper use of the burning trash in dumpster GIF. This is quite possibly the worst take I've ever seen on this message board. 

I'm honestly shocked at a few posters on here and their takes on this.

I guess this comes down to the "safe space" crowd. There are people in the world that need cry rooms and I'm guessing the ones bashing Hyde probably fall into that category. 

It's sad.

I'm 1000% with Hyde on this.

I remember earlier in the year Trey Mancini was on second base. I believe there was one out and someone hit a long flyball. Mancini went half way then when it was caught tried to scramble back to second to tag up. The opposing team hit the cut-off man and Mancini was caught between second and third and then tagged out at second. My memory of the context of the play isn't clear but MASN showed Hyde talking to Mancini about it. Explaining what went wrong and what he needed to do next time. Mancini looked apologetic and intent on learning. He did not have to be restrained by his injured teammate.

And the reason why Hyde should have talked to Mancini in the dugout in open-view? Because this is a young team trying to learn. You want Richie Martin and Hanser Alberto to hear that conversation so they don't make the same mistake, because it's all about learning to be better. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tony-OH said:

I'd just like to add a thousand eyes rolls to the comment.

If you think Hyde is going to apologize to the veterans you have no understanding of leadership.

This is Davis fanboy thinking. 

Hyde was 100% in the right and he's shown to be an outstanding leaders who is not afraid to call out BS when he sees it, regardless of the player.

Leadership is about admitting when you are wrong.  Trust me, not a fan of Davis, but doing that to any player with 9 plus years in MLB shows a lack of respect to the player. 

Like I said they could've gone down the stairs and he could have said his peace. 

• Upvote 1

Davis is bad. Hyde has been frustrated All season long, and all he has been able to say is, “this is what we have”. I have complained all season that Hyde has no power. Davis isn’t the only one who slacking, there’s been a lot of careless play. Not just bad play bad play is human and it happens. Has Adam Jones said, “sometimes you suck” but there’s a difference between bad play and Carlos play and Brandon has been watching that all season and he’s been helpless to do anything about it. He yells and screams and he makes the lineup and the same guys go out and play.

Implicit in every single interaction this season has been that knowledge. The guys know they are safe for now. They also know they’re going to be gone soon, but they can’t control that. There’s nothing wrong with calling a guy out in the dugout, And whatever Hyde said, And however he said it, it was true, and that is absolutely undeniable. If he said, “you’re bad” or “you’re not worth your contract” or “you’re a disgrace to the team” anything, he would’ve been correct and every human being who follows baseball knows it.

Hyde Is entirely justified in going to Mike and saying, “he goes or I go.”

15 minutes ago, BradyBunch said:

I am criticizing him of saying something in the dugout. Davis is the senior veteran on the team. Hyde and Davis coulda gone down the stairs and Hyde could say his point. But he decided to embarrass Davis in front of the dugout. 

You ever see Davis get worked up like that..Buck was hard nosed and straight to the point. You don't think Buck criticized players in his office.. 

I am sure Hyde will apologize to Veterans on the team. You had two who help stop it.

Maybe Hyde was trying to make a point and send a message to the team that EVERYONE is accountable for their actions (or lack there of). It's not like he called Davis out during his presser to the media. What happened was no different then him calling out him out during a team meeting. If Davis didn't like what he heard then as they say don't let the door hitcha where the good lord spltcha. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BradyBunch said:

Leadership is about admitting when you are wrong.  Trust me, not a fan of Davis, but doing that to any player with 9 plus years in MLB shows a lack of respect to the player. 

Like I said they could've gone down the stairs and he could have said his peace. 

A player that was physically doggin it on the field? Nope, I disagree. You address in front of the team to let everyone know that is not going to be tolerated by him no matter who you are. Everyone should be treated the same. 

Just now, BradyBunch said:

He's the veteran guy..

Age means absolutely nothing when you're as terrible as Davis. Nothing. He is the very definition of dead weight and serves no purpose, on the field or in the clubhouse. I mean, what "veteran" message was he trying to send last night? That it's ok to take a swing at the manager? 

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

Age means absolutely nothing when you're as terrible as Davis. Nothing. He is the very definition of dead weight and serves no purpose, on the field or in the clubhouse. I mean, what "veteran" message was he trying to send last night? That it's ok to take a swing at the manager? 

Or the "veteran" message that it's ok to start doggin' it when you are getting crushed by the Yankees for the third straight game? A real quality veteran wouldn't be doing that stuff. 

3 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Maybe Hyde was trying to make a point and send a message to the team that EVERYONE is accountable for their actions (or lack there of). It's not like he called Davis out during his presser to the media. What happened was no different then him calling out him out during a team meeting. If Davis didn't like what he heard then as they say don't let the door hitcha where the good lord spltcha. 

Huge difference, team meeting is behind closed doors. Pulling a player aside and saying hey what's up with that or this while in the dugout is different then saying something and walking away. 

• Upvote 1