Anyone got nine more years? ...

weams

7 hours ago, dmvsports410 said:

Meaning whoever becomes a decent player whether Adley, Yusiel, Grayson or whoever down the line the Orioles won't sign that player to an extension. I just don't have the confidence as a Orioles fan. 

I don’t know why not.    Roberts, Markakis, Jones, Hardy, Davis, O’Day, Trumbo.   And hopefully, Elias will be a bit smarter about extending guys earlier and picking the right guys to extend.    

By the way, I’d also be OK if we systematically traded good players about 2 years before FA, once our pipeline is full, the way Tampa has done successfully for many years. This requires a very good farm system and the confidence to evaluate whether your young prospects can do the job.   Those are not things the O’s have often had over the last 30 years.     Think about how we might have handled Trumbo if we’d had confidence that Mancini would turn out as he did, for example.    

7 hours ago, dmvsports410 said:

Meaning whoever becomes a decent player whether Adley, Yusiel, Grayson or whoever down the line the Orioles won't sign that player to an extension. I just don't have the confidence as a Orioles fan. 

Yes. That is what I suspect. Unless it is one of those very early underpays. 

37 minutes ago, dmvsports410 said:

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/news/nationals-2019-top-30-prospects-list-c304136246

"There's something to be said about the Nationals' track record of scouting, signing and developing international prospects."  They also have a dominican baseball academy. 

They also had a GM and director of International Development banned from baseball over it. 

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

I don’t know why not.    Roberts, Markakis, Jones, Hardy, Davis, O’Day, Trumbo.   And hopefully, Elias will be a bit smarter about extending guys earlier and picking the right guys to extend.    

By the way, I’d also be OK if we systematically traded good players about 2 years before FA, once our pipeline is full, the way Tampa has done successfully for many years. This requires a very good farm system and the confidence to evaluate whether your young prospects can do the job.   Those are not things the O’s have often had over the last 30 years.     Think about how we might have handled Trumbo if we’d had confidence that Mancini would turn out as he did, for example.    

Ownership is the key to all of this. Can’t sign players without owners approval. 

I hope the sons learn from their fathers mistakes. So far, so good.