AP Top 25 Releases at Noon Today (Monday 10/21)

scbalt52

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Wish said:

A lot of hype for this years team.  I'm surprised no one on the OH is talking about them yet.  

Jay Bilas ranks them 5 in his rankings: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28006190/jay-bilas-1-68-college-basketball-rankings-2019-20-preseason

Let's see if they live up to the hype.  They looked good tonight!

The thing that really stands out - looking at the boxscore - is depth.  Both of the Mitchell brothers look like they can play some, and they were 9th and 10th in minutes played.  Once their 7'2 freshman is ready, that'll make 11 players that should get playing time.  Actually, make that 12 - I saw some Hakim Hart footage, and he looks like a player - a 6'6 shooting guard.    

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, vatech1994 said:

I’ve watched the past two games against RI and Oakland.  The team isn’t nearly clicking on all cylinders, both those teams appear to be pretty solid, and yet both games resulted in very easy wins.   This team has an awful lot of talent and they play defense.  This could be a very fun season.

They seem to be getting off to slow starts and then they turn it on. Those slow starts could come back to hurt them when they play a good team.