2 PM Today MLB.com AFL Championship

weams

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Of course that doesn't mean your statement was incorrect.

I misread the post and didn’t notice the “SP” qualifier.     Even so, I think there were various sites last year who had pitchers ranked above Kremer, so I might still have debated “clear cut.”   For example, BP didn’t rank Kremer in its top 10 last offseason; BA had him no. 9; Rotographs had him at 7 behind Tate and Ortiz.    I always liked the OH list better, but there certainly was no consensus on Kremer.     

I’ll be interested to see where he sits on the OH list this year.  

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I misread the post and didn’t notice the “SP” qualifier.     Even so, I think there were various sites last year who had pitchers ranked above Kremer, so I might still have debated “clear cut.”   For example, BP didn’t rank Kremer in its top 10 last offseason; BA had him no. 9; Rotographs had him at 7 behind Tate and Ortiz.    I always liked the OH list better, but there certainly was no consensus on Kremer.     

Me either. 

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

As I said your statement wasn't incorrect.

8 minutes ago, weams said:

I'm a Baumann guy myself. More my type of pitcher. 

Yeah for me Baumann is number 3. Until Kremer can sit at 94 or 95, he doesn't have close to the ceiling that Baumann does, even if Baumann has more reliever risk.

30 minutes ago, Spl51 said:

Yeah for me Baumann is number 3. Until Kremer can sit at 94 or 95, he doesn't have close to the ceiling that Baumann does, even if Baumann has more reliever risk.

I think with the weighted balls, either of them can add a couple MPH. 

17 hours ago, weams said:

I'm a Baumann guy myself. More my type of pitcher. 

Haha. There’s the answer I was looking for. For me, it was Kremer v Baumann, but I didn’t want to influence anyone. I’d give Kremer the edge on having prolonged success in AA, and being a full level ahead of Baumann.  

It sounds like Kremer has the better FB , but Kremer has the better secondaries right now.