47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be #9 and #10 Prospects?

• Baumann and Henderson
    • Baumann and Harvey
    • Henderson and Akin
    • Henderson and Harvey
    • Lowther and Kremer

This poll is closed to new votes

Harvey has already had genuine major league success, and there still a possibility, although maybe a slim one, that he could be a starter. I suppose that means his ceiling is lower, but his floor is certainly higher, so I’m surprised he’s lasted this far.

18 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Harvey has to be in our top 10 based on his strong performance vs MLB competition last year. That leaves Henderson and Bauman. I can't believe that Henderson as a 2nd rounder could possibly be in our top 10. Bauman got some votes (including mine) in the top 5. Has to be  Bauman and Harvey.

I don’t understand why a second rounder couldn’t be in our top 10.   My recollection is there were several sites that ranked him higher than 42nd, but he slipped a little due to cost.    

Now, I didn’t put him in the top 10 myself, but his status as a second rounder certainly didn’t bother me.  

56 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t understand why a second rounder couldn’t be in our top 10.   My recollection is there were several sites that ranked him higher than 42nd, but he slipped a little due to cost.    

Now, I didn’t put him in the top 10 myself, but his status as a second rounder certainly didn’t bother me.  

I meant that he was a second rounder in 2019. He hasn't had any time to do anything to move up. Not that he can never be in our top 10.

8 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I meant that he was a second rounder in 2019. He hasn't had any time to do anything to move up. Not that he can never be in our top 10.

I just picked a list at random.

I ended up with the Sun's top 10 from Jan 2011.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/bs-mtblog-2011-01-ranking_the_orioles_top_10_pro-story.html

Dan Klein is listed at #6 and he was a third round pick in 2010.  He pitched 6 1/3 innings for the O's in 2010.

I think if you look back a substantial number of top 10 lists will include second round picks from the prior season. 

42 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Scouting a player is a lot more than performance, ESPECIALLY at that age and level.