MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

How could everyone have ever been tested?  That's 330 million people just in the US.  They tested the NBA because there are like 400 people in the NBA. I won't go out of my way to defend the government, but this is kind of how it works. In an evolving situation there will be differences of opinion, and in a republic/democracy there will never be immediate consensus on what to do.  Even tyrannical governments don't usually take decisive and correct action.

Rich and famous people throughout history have always in most cases fared better in epidemics.  They have second homes,able to not be crammed in a big city,access to care,etc. The 1918 flu not as much but still a slight discrepancy. Even President Wilson got it.  Now the rich and famous have concierge doctors.fly on private planes to avoid the lines and are even trying to buy ventilators just in case. 

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Nice to know you're every bit as optimistic about this as you are about the Orioles. 

He is clueless about COVID-19 too.

If this is badly, then he really needs to look hard at other countries, and what really is going on. It is so much worse there.

12 hours ago, Going Underground said:

The Senate Republican bill actually extends the filing deadline. But not passed yet.

Extend the tax filing deadline to July 15 from April 15. 

I dont care what the senate does.

The IRS has announced it, and they are the authority on taxes. (2 days ago)

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/payment-deadline-extended-to-july-15-2020

17 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

If this is badly, then he really needs to look hard at other countries, and what really is going on. It is so much worse there.

He's as clued in as Gavin Newsome, who predicts 25.5 million to have it... that's some fuzzy math there if I haven't seen it before.

3 minutes ago, orioles119 said:

He's as clued in as Gavin Newsome, who predicts 25.5 million to have it... that's some fuzzy math there if I haven't seen it before.

The fact is, we may never know how many have it without testing the general population. It could be more than that with the majority asymptomatic. We do know that it is bad enough to kill elderly and compromised people at a high rate and to overwhelm local health care systems. 

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

The fact is, we may never know how many have it without testing the general population. It could be more than that with the majority asymptomatic. We do know that it is bad enough to kill elderly and compromised people at a high rate and to overwhelm local health care systems. 

Same as the regular flu... I know circling back to that is not proper this late in the game, but despite a vaccine it still kills way more than this "virus."

• Downvote 3

46 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

What has he been wrong about?  He does present the high end of outcomes, but he hasn’t been wrong about the exponential nature of cases.  We had less than 4000 cases reported on Monday, but this morning we have woken up to 14,250.

5 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

What has he been wrong about?  He does present the high end of outcomes, but he hasn’t been wrong about the exponential nature of cases.  We had less than 4000 cases reported on Monday, but this morning we have woken up to 14,250.

I don't know that there are definitive rights and wrongs just yet.  But atomic takes the most alarmist position, recently stating that it's too late, it's going to be an absolutely massive impact, and everyone will be on their own without medical care. A few posts later we have orioles119 saying it's not as bad as seasonal flu and apparently questioning if it's even a virus.

Time will tell...

9 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I don't know that there are definitive rights and wrongs just yet.  But atomic takes the most alarmist position, recently stating that it's too late, it's going to be an absolutely massive impact, and everyone will be on their own without medical care. A few posts later we have orioles119 saying it's not as bad as seasonal flu and apparently questioning if it's even a virus.

Time will tell...

I would put the cancellation of the NCAA tournament, suspensions of all other sports seasons, closing of schools, malls, restaurants, etc, and the corresponding increase in unemployment applications in the “massive impact” bucket.

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/payment-deadline-extended-to-july-15-2020

/payment-deadline-extended-to-july-15-2020

In the Senate bill they want to move the filing deadline as well as the payment deadline to July 15th. Just payment has been moved so far.

23 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Time will tell...

Most of the outcomes are based on data points and if this is done or if this is not done. Usually have three moving outcomes for each. The politicians in certain cases will pick the worst outcome especially to get the peoples attention during a lockdown. Maybe more people will take it seriously. 

Even the common cold is a virus. 

As U.S. authorities scrambled to ramp up the nation’s capacity to test for coronavirus last week, at least 100 executives and other New Yorkers of means had easy access to testing, according to two sources familiar with the activities of a little-known medical service catering to the affluent.

These people paid a $5,000-a-year membership fee for a medical concierge service in New York City called Sollis Health, which worked with Enzo Clinical Labs Inc to test its members for COVID-19, according to the sources.

The arrangement gave members, which include people in finance, entertainment, advertising, and media industries, access to the tests at home at a time New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said the state had the capacity to test just a few hundred patients a day. The two sources declined to provide the identities of the people the company tested for coronavirus and Reuters could not establish them.

• Like 1