Owners submit new economic plan to union : UPDATED

Tony-OH

• weams changed the title to Owners submit new economic plan to union : UPDATED
2 minutes ago, weams said:

Thanks weams.  50 games would be weird.  More off days? Playoffs starting in September?  An All-Star Break?

I imagine it will be something like 5 games a week, on average, for ten weeks, from July 4 through mid to late September.  Still better than nothing.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Thanks weams.  50 games would be weird.  More off days? Playoffs starting in September?  An All-Star Break?

I imagine it will be something like 5 games a week, on average, for ten weeks, from July 4 through mid to late September.  Still better than nothing.

If the season started on 7/3, that would mean 90 days to play 50 games if they go to the end of September.  That would seem to favor teams with top heavy starting pitching and relief pitching.  You could conceivably pitch your best reliever every game.  

25 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

I have lost track of the details. Do they still have to get local approval for using/ working in the stadiums? I assume there are contingencies if a region like NYC goes on full lockdown again. Has the MLBPA agreed to those? 

Yeah - they still would need approval to use home stadiums, but that doesn't seem to be the issue holding them up. The only area that might have an issue is Toronto, which I'd assume would play somewhere else if needed.

Right now, the hold up is just over money. How many games and how the money will be split between the owners and players.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

Yeah - they still would need approval to use home stadiums, but that doesn't seem to be the issue holding them up. The only area that might have an issue is Toronto, which I'd assume would play somewhere else if needed.

Right now, the hold up is just over money. How many games and how the money will be split between the owners and players.

Since its prorated, the players are trying to squeeze as many games as possible.

Not sure why the owners feel they need to scale back to 50 for half a season.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Since its prorated, the players are trying to squeeze as many games as possible.

Not sure why the owners feel they need to scale back to 50 for half a season.

Since it's prorated the owners want to scale back to 50 for half a season.