Who do you want at 39?

Just now, BohKnowsBmore said:

Definitely a valid position, but it also provides a greater opportunity to profit off of information asymmetry, where you think you may have an advantage (whether by methods, effort, etc.). 

Yep, good points. It's all good fun. I'm making an assessment of who I think they should draft off a minuscule amount of information that Elias and team has. They will get the benefit of the doubt of course, but that doesn't mean they are not open to questioning.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

"33. Tanner Witt, RHP, Episcopal (Texas) HS, Age: 17

Witt has run up boards this spring as a projectable, athletic kid who’s already 90-95 mph with huge spin on his breaking ball. He’s 6-foot-6 and gets on top of the ball well from a high 3/4 slot that drives the ball down into the zone, and his delivery works well enough that you can project him to start. He needs innings and work on a third pitch, but he’s so athletic that teams interested in rolling the dice on a high-ceiling prep arm are looking at him in the late first round."

Does sound like a guy this FO may be very interested in, though, based on Law's notes.

Maybe Kelley @ 39, then Witt @74?

I like Witt a lot, but prefer him last in that group of pitchers discussed. So, while I'd be good with Witt at 39, I prefer any of the others, even if only a little. :)