9-15-2020

Can_of_corn

Iglesias still has a shot at the batting title.   He came in at .370 and that has gone up with his hit.  Tim Anderson comes into tonight at .369, LeMahieu at .350.   No other qualifier is over .325.  (I do not know if there is another Iglesias type lurking out there who currently doesn't show up on the list but who has a high average and could get enough PAs to qualify).

To officially qualify, coming into tonight, he needed 62 more plate appearances.   If he got 5 in every 9 inning game remaining, and 4 in each 7 inning game remaining, that would be 63.

And of course if he falls short on plate appearances, you can still add the 0-for-however-many-he misses by and if he is still ahead of the next best qualifier.

6 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Another double for Iglesias.  His bat has been a pleasant surprise

.330 / .376 / .409 / .785 (115 OPS+)--That was Iglesias's line from 234 plate appearances with the Red Sox in 2013.

.300 / .347 /.370 / .717 playing full-time with the Tigers in 2015.

Has hit a lot more doubles and drawn much fewer walks this season compared to those.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

At least 3 pretty long fly outs off Eshelman so far.    I think it’s a matter of time before one goes over the fence.

Powerful Atlanta lineup certainly due after yesterday. I just hope we get 5 innings or something close to an old Bundy-like QS out of Eshelman.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Not sure why Alberto is not standing on the bag there in case the runner was off the bag a little bit. Seems to not have his head in the game today so far which is odd for him,

Hope he gets a lecture in the dugout, maybe some practice on it tomorrow.

Certainly miss Schoop's and Hardy's tagging.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Esh making me nervous here.  

Honestly, every time Esh gets through an inning I feel good. His stuff is so below par across the board that it really is amazing he's having some success. Guess it goes to show you that command and pitchability can get major league batters out as long as the command is there.

• Upvote 1