Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

2 hours ago, Number5 said:

Now that it has happened, I can't say I'm really surprised, but I wasn't expecting this.  Somehow, I thought some MLB team would sign him.  A big part or the Orioles getting good again after a long dry spell.  Miss you, #10.

I haven't seen anything that said that it's a done deal, but I'm honestly pretty stoked for him. If it all pans out, Adam could put up some big numbers over there.

Jay Gibbons is coaching for the Dodgers.  He got particular praise from Matt Beaty yesterday in a random Winter Meetings interview on MLB Network.

Beaty shared that in his struggles, the team gave him feedback his Exit Velocity was good, but Launch Angle was bad, and Gibbons was singled out as the club official who helped him retool his swing for improved angle.

• Upvote 1

Chris Lee landed in Milwaukee. 

Brewers signed LHP Chris Lee to a minor league contract.

Lee, 27, struggled in the Orioles' system in 2019 with a 5.85 ERA over 19 relief outings between the Double-A and Triple-A levels before being released in July. The 2011 fourth-round pick was once one of the better prospects in the Baltimore system, but he's nothing more than organizational depth at this point in his career.

https://www.rotoworld.com/baseball/mlb/player/20882/chris-lee

10 hours ago, backwardsk said:

Wade Miley to the Reds for 2/15.

Miley’s ineptitude for the Orioles really annoys me.    The guy has been good to middling everywhere else he’s pitched, in both leagues, before and after pitching for the Orioles, and yet he sucked for us.   

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Miley’s ineptitude for the Orioles really annoys me.    The guy has been good to middling everywhere else he’s pitched, in both leagues, before and after pitching for the Orioles, and yet he sucked for us.   

Yeah, it was almost as though he was pitching to a smaller strike zone while with the Orioles.

On 12/16/2019 at 4:11 PM, SteveA said:

Dan Straily becomes the latest recent Oriole to go to play in Asia, joining Adam Jones, Aaron Brooks, Hyun Soo Kim, Tyler Wilson, and am I forgetting anybody else?

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28295306/dan-straily-signs-one-year-deal-korean-team

Straily is already the fifth pitcher from the 2019 Orioles to go to Asia next year. Along with Brooks, Ynoa, Wright, and Tayler Scott.

On 12/17/2019 at 4:23 PM, PaulFolk said:

Straily is already the fifth pitcher from the 2019 Orioles to go to Asia next year. Along with Brooks, Ynoa, Wright, and Tayler Scott.

As a player, it has got to be fantastic to have the KBO (aka AA 1/2) and the NPB (which is more like AAAA, I suppose?) as options for when you can't quite hack it in the MLB any longer, but aren't yet ready to retire.